No announcement yet.

HELP!!! What DMT should I choose???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see many posts questioning or talking @ depression, my question is, do we really need to be medicated for being unhappy in phases living with this disease?

From my dx every doctor (neuro, gp, oncologist, GI, etc) seems to feel that I should be on one...isn't fair to say that my health issues are a pretty big deal and sometimes I'm allowed to be down about it?

I mean there is a difference between not being able to function and occassionally being down regarding some legitamite stuff once in a while?!
    DXd Fragile X premutation ~ 2004
    DXd RRMS ~ Jan. 2009

Comment

Melissa-

Bottomline on this is all interferons: A, B, or R, will cause flu-like symptoms for most people, at lease initially. Those symptoms tend to decrease over time.

All interferon's can contribute to depression. If you are prone to depression, or currently have major depression, and interferon might not be a wise choice.

I agree with the other posters however, I would never take an anti-depressant just because I was on an interferon. That could set you up for more problems.

I also agree the disease itself can cause all of us to be sad and sit on the pity pot for awhile, but most of us snap out of it and go on. That is normal. If we don't, and the sadness goes on for a long time, then there is a problem and we need to go see our doctor and get some help.

IMO, just pick your poison. They all work about the same, the needles don't hurt and if you don't like what you picked, you can switch.

Cheers--Katie

Comment

Medication

Hi! I was dx last Sept and have been on Rebif since. If you pre-medicate with Aleve at least 1 hr before you will not get the side effects of fever & chills. There have been a few time that I forgot to do that and have felt the effects,
        also do your shot if possible as close to your bedtime as possible. I haven't had any other side effects on Rebif.
        The nurses check in periodically and one is coming over tomorrow to check on my progress. So far I have not had any more symptoms and get to work each day, just very tired which is the norm. I hope you can figure out which med to take and feel better.
        Maggienor

Comment

I Chose Rebif

MK Smith~ I was in your same position two weeks ago, the doctor sent me home with info on both Avonex and Rebif. After two days for research, I chose Rebif. I have 4 boys 10-16, so I was worried sick about the flu-like symptoms. So far, besides the first injection I have had none I know the reason I was bedridden the day after my first shot was because I was not hydrated. Now, I drink literally 12-14
          16oz glasses of water during the day. It is a challenge to drink all that, not to mention you are in the ladies room constantly. However, it is a small price to pay in order to be up and feeling good the next day. FYI~ I will say there is a small fog I feel for the first few hours of the day though.
          The shots are easy and the co-pay was reasonable.
          Best of luck

Comment

Working...
          X