Botox for Bladder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox for Bladder?

I finally went to the urologist last week. I've been having bladder issues for years.

I'm having some testing done again in April. The doc said what they would probably do is use botox to stop the spasms.

Has anyone ever heard of this or had this procedure? I mean, I'm all for a younger looking bladder, but I have never heard of this treatment.

Boy, they use botox for everything these days.

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
    I finally went to the urologist last week. I've been having bladder issues for years.

I'm having some testing done again in April. The doc said what they would probably do is use botox to stop the spasms.

Has anyone ever heard of this or had this procedure? I mean, I'm all for a younger looking bladder, but I have never heard of this treatment.

Boy, they use botox for everything these days.
    Hi kittysmith,

I've moved your thread to the Medications forum, where there's already been some discussion of this subject.

I have a MS friend from another message board who's been getting regular botox injections for bladder problems for several years now. I'm not sure how often she goes in, and she says the injections are pretty painful, but they've worked very well for her.

Comment

I had Botox done on my bladder and it worked really well for spasticity. They filled my bladder with Lidocaine first to numb things and other than some small pricks it wasn't that uncomfortable. It usually lasts about 6 months. It got me off another pill, Oxybutinin. I am back on it now as my urologist is on maternity leave, so I need to wait for the Botox again. I say go for it - whatever helps!

Comment

Working...
      X