copaxone and allergies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copaxone and allergies?

i have been on copaxone since early dec. and since then, i have developed a strange skin rash, a new allergy to arm&hammer toothpaste (i am now allergic to crest, colgate, and arm&hammer. ugh!!), and now i'm allergic to my deodorant. what gives? has anyone else had this experience of new allergies after being on copaxone? wondering what i will be allergic to next!!
    dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

YES

Thats how it started with me, so I thought, but it was really just the copaxone in the end. I had to get off of it and now I'm on Betaseron.
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

sigh,

not sure if i should be happy or sad that someone else has been through this. its very frustrating. also of note, i have not had a cold in OVER 10 years and this week i am also sick. grrrrr!!!
      dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

copaxone allergies

Meegun,

I started to break out in hives on my arms first, in a small patch, then all the sudden it started on my legs, in the back in the knee area, spread up and down front and back. I had to take Zyrtec, prednison, atarax and couldn't eat anything that had histamins. I basically lived on rice cakes for 3 weeks. Couldn't take showers because I would scratch myself crazy. Had to wear baggy clothes and couldn't sweat because it produced more histamins. Finally we ruled out everything else and blamed Copaxone. As soon as I stopped the rash started to go away. This was in October, I still have the dark pigmentation where the rash was. I was supposed to start Rebif in January but we decided to take 2 more months off. I wish I could have continued with the C because I was tolerating it for two years without issues. I hope you find a solution. My neuro mentioned that I should report it to the FDA but I never got to it... It was way too complicated, and btw I am not a medical professional so I wouldn't know the drill.
        Good luck
        RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
        on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
        Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
        X