Double Whammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Whammy

Hi all. I have been feeling very fatigued and weak for the past month. Friday I woke up with vertigo. I havent had that since 2009. First thing I thought was relapse but I said I'd wait. Saturday I felt a little better. Then sunday evening I injected Copaxone and started feeling flushed tightness in my chest and my head felt like it was going to explode. Since this was my second IPIR since starting Copaxone in Nov. 2010 I knew to try to stay cam and do not lie down. Thank goodness my children were home. But this time seemed worse than last. I was nauseaus, excruciating pain in abdomen, throat closed up and couldn't keep anything on my stomach

Shared Solutions said call 911 immediately. ER doc did not think all of my symptoms were IPIR. Ordered a CAT scan to check liver, pancreas etc. Took urine to check for UTI. Everything came back clear. Then all of a sudden I had vertigo so bad I couldn't even move my eyes. Another doc came in and gave me Meclazine and Zofran thru my IV and kept me over night.

When I called my MS spec. she told me that I was in a relapse when I had the IPIR. Double whammy. It was one of the worst experiences since my Dx in 2009. She told me to hold off the Copaxone until wed. Then start back then. Well I started back so far no problems. Still in a flare and still feeling fatigued. My legs have gotten much weaker and heavier since that incident.

Has anyone had this or anything similiar happen to them?
    And thanks for listening.

** Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
    Richard Carlson, PH.D.
Working...
X