Provigil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provigil

I have overwhelming fatigue. I also cannot concentrate and stayed focused. Is provigil suppose to help you with both or is it just for fatigue? Some days it helps my fatigue but I don't think it helps my cognitive issues.

Provigil was designed to reduce Fatigue. It might, probably won't, give some help to Cognitive.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Thanks

It doesn't help for cognitive issues and is somewhat helpful for fatigue on some days. Are you aware pf any other meds that do either one or both?

Comment

Hi its2much,

My expereince of Provigil will be different than what many others have

I had a love/hate relationship with Provigil.

It was a given, 30 minutes after taking Provigil I would have to sleep. However, when I was awake the clarity of mind was amazing; the cobwebs were gone, my focus, and concentration was improved.

I went through the sample pack and about half of the first prescription before I decided Provigil was not worth it for me. I started sleeping more than I was awake

I have tried the majority of stimulants (Provigil is a stimulant) and a non-stimulant medications. I have the same reactions...they make me tired.

Medications used for MS fatigue:

Amantadine
        ADD medications
        Provigil
        Nuvigil

You might be expecting too much from any of the medications if you are looking for improvement in fatigue and cognitive issues. It is possible for fatigue, all by it's self, to cause cognitive problems. If the fatigue is treated then it is possible for cognitive function to improve, but not always.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

It is a drug that will work for so long then may stop for you, tolerance?

I have gone off and on it, and i think it also depends how strong my MS symptoms are at the time. I have been taking it lately with great results, less fatigue and better thinking.

Yet it is difficult to know what is the drug and what is our MS laying low at the time. I say you may have a mixture of both good and not so good experiences but it is worth the good ones.

Comment

provigil vs. nuvigil

I have been on both provigil and nuvigil. I was first on provigil and my husband was impressed since I was up and with energy (for instance, I raked the leaves in my front yard with more energy to go!). I started nuvigil since my nuero doc said it was newer with a slightly new additive. So, I switched. Yes, it helps but the cost...even with insurance...was expensive! $900+ for a 3 month supply!
            Needless to say, I changed back to provigil. The cost for 3 month was cheaper but not as cheap as I hoped for. 3 months for $300.
            I do hate drug companies. If they can give the drugs to docs...why so much for us? My sister-in-law go me 5 weeks of provigil free since she's a nurse and got that from the docs office she works at.

Comment

Provigil was useless for me. I couldnt keep my head up at work, did well to go home & crawl into bed.

I take vyvanse now, an ADHD medication. I love it! Energy, focus & I even have better moods on it. I tried adderol since its much cheaper but though awake, I was SUPER cranky...

/2cents
              DXd Fragile X premutation ~ 2004
              DXd RRMS ~ Jan. 2009

Comment

Working...
              X