X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tisch Center now accepting people

I thought of you JerryD

STEM CELL TRIAL UPDATE:
    Tisch MS Research Center of New York is delighted to announce that it has received regulatory approval needed to commence our proposed phase I clinical trial of mesenchymal stem cell-derived neural progenitor cells for the treatment of progressive multiple sclerosis. Patient enrollment and the study will begin shortly.

http://tischms.org/news/fda-approves...arch-milestone
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

I called but no one answered so all I could do was leave them a message to call me back. Hopefully they will call me back tomorrow and I can get some answers.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks Katje. I emailed the Tisch team, last month and they responded that the participants for this study will be chosen from the patients that are already in their patient stream. I can't remember the name of the practice. IMMSP or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
        Thanks Katje. I emailed the Tisch team, last month and they responded that the participants for this study will be chosen from the patients that are already in their patient stream. I can't remember the name of the practice. IMMSP or something like that.

I thought they were already chosen? I would call anyway if I were you.
        Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

I wrote to the Sanford Consortium out of UC San Diego yesterday asking them if they would be willing to reach across the competitive aisle as it were and help get this Trial off the ground. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

All this after I popped 25 bucks into the Tisch coffers first.

Let's keep our fingers crossed people.

Comment

I contacted the Tisch MS center today about the possibility of being a participant in the MSC-NP trial. I was told that they are only enrolling 20 MS patients, for this trial. The positions are filled.

Comment

This trial is not yet funded. They have requested funding in order to start the trial. Go find the info.

Comment

Hi all- I visited the Tisch MS Center end of 2013 and I understood stem cell study already populated. See this Dr. Oz show featuring Meredith Viera and her husband who is part of study.vvhttp://www.doctoroz.com/episode/meredith-vieiras-family-health-battle?

Comment

I'm also a patient at Tisch (Int'l MS Mgmt Practice)

It truly is only 20 patients and they've enrolled it. The website has more info about that and other studies/general MS advice: http://imsmp.org/

Because I read of the stem cell trial in late 2013 (it was already filled up by then), I ended up being a patient, and I really recommend them if you live close enough. And if your insurance is helpful. My insurance reimburses it as out-of-network, and I'm contesting that. This disease costs a ton of money.

Comment

Working...
                  X