First shot in 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First shot in 10 years

I just did my first shot of Copaxone tonight. No reactions except for injection site pain. I wasted my first shot. I was so nervous to inject, I tried the autoject and wound up wasting the shot instead. Second shot much better. Just pain at the injection site, but no burning or flusing or heart racing or anything. Last dmd I was on was 10 yrs ago, betaseron. I had a bad reaction to that and kinda made me shot shy for this but Im rather proud of myself that I was able to do the shot this time. My dh was great also, he offered to give me the shot if I was too nervous. He's never given a shot before in his life, so that was a big deal for him to offer. Ive just had a horrible past 4 months, so its nice when something positive happens

Congrats!!

I am just finishing up week 4 on Copaxone and have had no reactions other than the bee sting for a few minutes, and one sore/lump on my thigh where I injected wrong spot (pre training). Have never had any of the other side effects on the warning...

You should be proud and great that your DH is willing to help. I just started using the autoject too and like it for hard to reach spots, or where I don't want the needle to go in too far.
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

WTG! You must be so proud of yourself. I am glad it went well, wasted shot or not.

I've wasted a shot or two with the autoinjector myself, so don't feel too bad about it.

Comment

You should be proud of yourself and hubby. The autoinject still scares me. On a visit I thought my bro-in-law would be able to give me shots as he served in Vietnam. No , that didn't happen.

Comment

I pulled a bummer and forgot to remove the needle cap a few days ago when injecting Betaseron with the auto injector. The Beta Nurse just happened to call the next day and I mentioned it and they said, no problem, they will send out a replacement dose. Great customer support. I presume the Copaxone folks will do the same.

Comment

Congrats pjsSissy70 on your first injections. Things will get easier with each day.

Take Care, Bob

Comment

You go, girlfriend!

I give you credit for going back to injections after being off them for 10 years.

Comment

I've been using copaxone for nearly 3 years and I get the stinging and lumps. No biggie. But I don't use the auto-injector. It caused more problems and seemed more painful. I just free hand it now. My hubby does the places I can't reach. Who knew we'd be so good at this? lol

At the beginning, twice I had the rapid heartbeat, chest-tighting, flushing thingy. I won't lie, it was scary. But it hasn't happened since.

Good luck!

Comment

I've been on copaxone for 9 months now. The first two weeks between me and hubby we wasted three injections! One went all over the table, one went flying on the floor and I can't remember what happened to the other one. The one that went flying on the floor made our minature dauchunds fly for cover. Was not funny at the time but it is now. No bad reactions for me! It doesn't get any better but it doesn't get any worse either. I'm just glad there is something that will at least try to slow the progression down!

Comment

Working...
                  X