Copaxone & Blood tests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone & Blood tests?

I saw a new, local, neuro today and gave her my history and she wanted to check my blook now that I've been on copax since 1/20/12, said to check for liver enzymes and white blood counts.

I didn't think that was needed with Copaxone, am I wrong??

Thanks!
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

I haven't had my blood tested by my neurologist since I've been on Copaxone. Maybe since this is a new doctor, they want to just to check yours for some reason. It's worth asking why.

Comment

I saw my neuro just before starting Copaxone & he never said anything about future testing except for MRIs.

Maybe she's trying to get a 'baseline' to use for any future side-effect or relapse decisions?
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I've never heard of that before.

Comment

Thanks for confirming! She specifically asked how long I was on Copax and said she should test for liver and white blood cells...maybe she confused the copax with the other dmd's that require those tests?
          Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
          Ampyra 10mg 2xday
          Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

My doc runs blood labs at every visit - about every 3-6 months right now.

Comment

I started Copaxone three weeks ago and had blood drawn today for tests. Three vials. Don't know what they were for. Actually, one was for vitamin D.

Paula

Comment

blood tests every three months

My neuro ran liver and thyroid tests for me. Might want to check those.
                RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
                on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
                Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

My neuro has not had blood work done on me since I started Copaxone nearly 3 years ago. The only time he ordered blood work was when I was in the pre-dx stage.

Comment

After switching from Rebif to Copax in 2007 I was told that liver related blood tests were no longer needed as Copax is a synthetic drug vs the others which are live proteins.
                    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
                    X