Anyone try a generic dmd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try a generic dmd?

Just for no reason, I did a search for "glatirmer acetate" (Copaxone) and found that you can order the shots online at a Canadian online pharmacy for a fraction of the cost.

I don't need this now as insurance is covered and I did get the $35 co-pay from Shared Solution (i think).

I heard the US cost was approx. $4,500/month, they had the generic for $899 for 30 days...

Just curious if anyone had tried this.
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

I never heard of any generic DMD? They are so specialized I'd be afraid of generic.
    God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

I did a search for "glatirmer acetate" (Copaxone) and found that you can order the shots online at a Canadian online pharmacy for a fraction of the cost.
      I wonder whether it's a real generic substitute or if that pharmacy (or Canada itself?) got a special price from Teva (the last price I was told by my mail-order pharmacy was "over $3000/month").

I know the patent on Copaxone doesn't run out until 2014, so if the glatirmer acetate you found isn't the real Teva product I would be very hesitant to assume it's as good (or even legal)...
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Other DMDs use cloned material, so the term Generic will never apply to them.

Be very careful about deals that seem too good to be true. I used to live in a border state and there are ways you can get in hot water (for starters, you aren't Canadian and you don't pay into their health care system).

Comment

Working...
        X