A Much needed vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Much needed vent

I am so SICK of this. I miss being able to dance. Miss walking w/o holding onto things. Hate kids saying "you walk funny". I am AWARE of that.Hate it taking twice as long to run to store. Twice as long to run sweeper. Having to NAP in afternoon just to get through day.

I'm tired of taking meds that just "hold the status quo". Can't we come up w/something that takes us back to normal? There's so many meds out that fixes the problem Why can't MS have one?

I'm just TIRED of this garbage!

OK Vent over mostly. After 6 yrs of this thing I should be used to it all and mostly I am. I'm happy we HAVE meds that hold us and make things a little better. And, I guess one small melt down in 6 yrs isn't all bad. I haven't totally fell off my rocker just slipped down in it.

Time to pull up my big girl panties and get on w/life. At least I'm Still moving under my own power so it could be worse. Remember any day you get up & put one foot in front of the other IS a GOOD DAY!

Thanks for the patience while I vented.

Penny

Vent away.

We understand. I threw myself a pity party last night when for some reason I was exhausted trying to get through the physio exercises that I do EVERY OTHER day.

Two steps forward, three or four steps back, it seems. Normally I stay positive -- last night, not so much.

Comment

Hi Penny,

I am so SICK of this
      I'm sure the majority of us can relate to how you are feeling. As the years add up that feeling is magnified. It can be daunting to see year after year go by knowing this disease is here to stay.

Sometimes those feelings can be overwhelming. I feel the less I think about how tired of this disease I am the mentally healthier I feel. Not much we can do until researchers find a cure or away to undo the damage the disease has done.

Best wishes
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Aspen and Penny
        You made me smile sorry seems I enjoy others misery. Have been there but am going to pull up my big girl panties LOL and try to feel blessed as I also still getting around under my own power.

Comment

Having a place to vent is good when we feel like this. Some days are harder than others. I think most of us get those days once in a while, and it's OK!!!

(((HUGS)))
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I just had a pity party myself and I think i probably feel pretty good in comparision to others with MS. I want to do a 5K fun run so bad. I thought I would start training C25K now and be ready by October. Then the realization set in that I cannot train right now b/c even my evening walks are hard with this heat and humidity. I HATE having to admit I cannot do something. I HATE having limitations. Hate it. So, I threw a fit and cried for a while, saw my therapist the next day and feel ok again.

Comment

vent away!! I, and I know so many others here, feel the same way!!
              dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Blocked goals

I too was planning to do a 5K. Started in January, planned to run in June. Heh, heh ... didn't happen. And I was "okay" with this. It is what it is, right? Spent quite a bit of May unable to even walk on the treadmill. Just weird that that I melted down last night over a few exercises.

I think it's because it's not one loss. It's over and over again. I train, then I'm out of a while. I spend ages getting back to close to the same point; sense of accomplishment. Then I'm out again. It's like cleaning up after small children -- the job never stays done. I'm no longer leveling up ... just trying to tread water.

Anyway, I'm usually pretty positive. Just had a funky night. And there IS accomplishment in attaining something you've lost -- I just have to remember that :-).

Originally posted by HETA78 View Post
                I just had a pity party myself and I think i probably feel pretty good in comparision to others with MS. I want to do a 5K fun run so bad. I thought I would start training C25K now and be ready by October. Then the realization set in that I cannot train right now b/c even my evening walks are hard with this heat and humidity. I HATE having to admit I cannot do something. I HATE having limitations. Hate it. So, I threw a fit and cried for a while, saw my therapist the next day and feel ok again.

Comment

I can so relate to this.....

I sooooo hear you on this!

I keep telling God that I don't want to play anymore.
                  Enough is enough, he can take this back now.

He doesn't seem to hear me. So, I guess there is a reason. And I am sure sick of that reasoning too

I wish you the best, and am so glad we have a place like this to vent and get support from others that truly understand.

Comment

Working...
                  X