SO SCARED....took avonex and 1st 8wks of pregnancy and he's 2 now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump.

Angie, darling you posted when most of us were sleeping. I know you are angry, but as you can see there are a lot of people worried about you and your little guy. Hopefully, you will give us an update.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by babymonkey View Post
      I am sorry, I would have replied to you post last night, but I was signed off before your post.
      I know exactly how you are feeling and my heart aches for you. I, under the advice of my doctor, was on Rebif until my 3rd trimester of my second and final pregnancy. I wasn't really concerned at the time, but during my 32 week check-up things went very very wrong. I had measured quite a bit smaller than my previous visit and my OB was very concerned. She sent me for an ultrasound at the hospital instead of doing in her office. She met me at the hospital within 10 minutes. I was so scared that I didn't call my husband or my family.

Then the chaos began. I watched my doctors face turn white as she turned to me and said "I don't understand" and she walked out of the room. She came back into the room with 3 other doctors. As I lay there thinking my baby was dead the doctors continued to talk among themselves, but I could understand a word they said.

After what seemed to be hours, though was only about 5 minutes, my OB turned to me and said she was having me moved to the OR for an immediate C-section and the hospital staff would notify all emergency numbers I had listed. I could only got out one word 'why'. She then told me that my amniotic fluid was so low that it could not be measured and the babys heartbeat was diminishing. She went on to say that I was not leaking amniotic fluid so she did not know why this had happened.
      The next thing I remember was my baby being rushed away. I did not even know that my husband was rushed by my side during the last moments of the C-section until I heard him say "Oh my God, what is wrong with the baby's head!".

I was then given a drug to put me to sleep and moved to recovery, then to my room which I would stay in for much longer than I had planned. I woke up and no one was in my room, not my Mother, Father, Husband, my 8 year old daughter, my sisters, grandparents, NO ONE!!!

I pressed the button to call a nurse. The nurse came in and I asked her about my baby. She just told me she would have someone come in to talk to me. Then I really freaked out. I was screaming, crying, then screaming more. I tried to get up an alarm went off. They had me on a monitor to tell them if I tried to get up!!! Several nurses came in, every one of them was crying. They gave me something to sedate me and one nurse stayed in my room, she laid down with me and cried. She told me that all the nurses were given strick orders not to give me any information and she cried more. I asked her over and over if my baby was alive, she would not reply, just cry. So what else could I believe, my baby was dead.

I asked her where all my husband and the rest of my family was. She told me that there were about 30 to 40 people standing at the NICU windows praying. That was her way of telling me my baby was ALIVE without putting her job at risk!!!! She told me she would go let my family know that I was awake and that I needed answers that she couldn't give me.

At this point all I knew is I had given birth to a 32 week preemie that had been in critical condition while she was in my belly. What went wrong? Why? Why? Why?
      I was alone, crying, screaming in agony.

My sister finally came in. She just laid with me not saying a word just tears. After several minutes of just holding each other, I asked my sister to please just tell me what is going on with my baby. She cried and I could hardly make out what she was saying. After she calmed down a bit, she told me that my baby girl was very small and is in NICU with the normal preemie issues eating, breathing, etc and very unstable. I was so scared. I was again screaming one second and wailing out loud the next.

Then the bomb went off. There's more, my sister said, its bad, really bad she said as tears rolled down her face as I was hyperventalating. My sister then became very focused trying to be strong enough to tell me another horror on top of my already critical baby girl.
      I was told by my sister that not only was my new baby girl fighting for her life due to the issues she faced in my womb with drops of amniotic fluid, being born premature, but during my C-section there was an accident. WHAT??? What kind of accident can there be in a C-section??? What!!!

My sister went on to tell me that when my OB began the incision to get my tiny girl out, not only did she cut through my uterus, but my baby as well. My baby had been sliced through her right temple. The cut was over an inch and a half and 3/4 inch deep. My tiny princess had almost bled to death before they got her out of me and did not know she had been cut until my husband screamed 'What is wrong with her head!!'.
      So to make an already long story shorter, after many blood infusions and set back after set back. I have an eleven year old now healthy beautiful daughter.

I will forever live with my decision to continue the Rebif and wonder if it caused my amniotic fluid to deminish and cause the nightmare of my daughters first 11 weeks of her life.
      So, with ALL that being said, I totally understand how you are feeling and will continue to feel. Every single time something gets off track with my daughter, I wonder if it was the Rebif. I blame myself.

I am here for you if you'd like to talk. Please keep me informed on your baby and you.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

You and your family are in my prayers!!
      I am so very sorry for all you had to go through. This is truly awful and so scary! How is your daughter now?

Sending you extra hugs today~
      Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

@ JAN

Thank you for your kind words.

My daughter is very healthy, and has not ever shown any signs of developmental problems due to her gestational age at birth or her injury at birth. She is a typical 11 year old that thinks she is 20.

If not for the scar on her head from the cut through her temple, it would be as though there were never any issuses. I thank God every single day for that! The cut through her temple was quite large on her tiny little preemie head during my C-section so it has left a pretty big scar.

Thankfully, as she grew over the years, the scar moved further back on her head, because hair has not ever grown on the scar. With that being said her pretty big scar is covered by her beautiful long thick brown hair. Which she always tells me "Mommy, I will give you some of my hair", since I have lost all of my hair due to the Cytoxin.

I will post a picture or two of her at birth if I can figure out how so you can see my tiny little miracle and the damage done to her little head that was the size of a small orange.

Again Jan, thank you for your kind words and concern for my baby girl!

@Angie

Please sweetie, come give us an update. We are very concerned about both you and your son. I still cannot get you both out of my mind.
        Prayers,
        Marci
        DX'ed 1998
        RMMS until 2012
        SPMS 2012
        Cytoxin

Comment

I felt deeply for you when I read your post. I'm sorry I didn't log on until later.

I have a son, too. I can still remember a frightening event when he was about a year old. He was eating grapes and one of them got stuck in his windpipe. He couldn't breathe and was turning blue. I didn't know what to do and I was terrified. Miraculously, his father was working in the garage. I ran to get him and he knew to do the Heimlick maneuver. The grape came out and he saved him.

I still think about that day and how it could have been if I had been alone.

I pray that your son does not have cancer. We will all be thinking of you. And you have contributed to this site by reminding us how important it is to be empathetic.

Comment

It might be a Chalazia

Angie,

I don' t know if it is exactly the same, but my daughter had clogged oil ducts on her eyelids (google Chalazia) and they blow up like a big pimple. Children outgrown them as they get bigger. It also helps if you wipe the eyelid every night with a damp cloth... (I am not a dr.. just a parent that went through something similar.)

Good luck and let us know.

Comment

MS can be frightening but we can face it!

I just received this yesterday, these daily bible verses and reminders to help me deal- and yeah, anxiety is sure one I try to befriend

I hope knowing that we can give our worries to God, will help you manage all that comes your way. And He knows, there is a lot!

On a MSAA email I received too just recently, a quote said:
              "You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it".
              How true! And how wonderful you had a successful pregnancy, took care of yourself, and your family, and have support with a good doctor and your husband. Blessings for your son to be healthy; and resourceful and string like his mama!

I hope the other posts here have helped you too and here is the one I hope helps you too:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Philippians 4:6 (NKJV) Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Anxiety. It's something that a lot of people seem to struggle with these days. We live in a world full of things that can cause us to become anxious, stressed, worried or nervous.

But we are told in God's word to be anxious for nothing! Anxiety is related to worrying. So what does the Bible say about worrying?

Matthew 6:27 (NKJV) Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

So we need to know and understand that we are not to worry, even though human nature would have us worrying about everything!

Many of us might try to relate anxiety to something that happened to us in our past.

But this is not so much of a psychological problem as it is a spiritual problem. Without getting too deep about it, let us try to explain what this means. The enemy (satan) commands various types of demonic spirits. These different spirits have different tasks. Some cause diseases, some cause division, some cause fear, etc.

Anxiety is, many times, caused by a spirit of fear. Spirits of fear are not from God. They are from the devil, the enemy of our soul. So if it is not from God, we need to know that we don't have to put up with it or live with it.

2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

As believers, we have the authority to rebuke these spirits of fear and command them to leave us alone and never come back.

Luke 10:19 (NKJV) Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

You can see in this verse that Jesus told us we have authority over all the power of the enemy. This includes spirits of fear, that cause us to worry or be anxious.

So the next time you start to become anxious, remind yourself that God has not given us a spirit of fear! Rebuke that spirit in the name of Jesus and tell it to leave you alone. And then set your mind on things above, not on things of this earth.

And then rest in God's peace, knowing that He is on the throne and you are resting in His hands.

***Address removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

If you know someone who will enjoy this or be encouraged by it, please feel free to forward it to them!

~~~~~~~
              The website for the daily emails is **URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Keep the faith and remember Google is great for shopping and stuff... Doctors are good for seeing patients and helping
              There is always a rainbow!

Comment

Working...
              X