Rebif & BP rising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif & BP rising?

I have been on Rebif for 2 1/2 years and the entire time I have been on it my Blood Pressure has been rising. Before I started it I never had any Blood Pressure issues. Wonder if this can be related? ( Pharmacists say no... but it is a little suspicious in my opinion)

Anyone else have any related problems?

TIA

Rebif and Blood Pressure

I have been on Rebif (44mcg) for about 6 years. I was on blood pressure medication even before that. As we get older and our metabolism changes, sometimes our medications and their dosages need to be changed. That is what happened in my particular situation. My blood pressure is well controlled. I really don't attribute any of my problems to MS or Rebif. Both my neurologist and internist are fully aware of the medications I take and haven't seen a need to change anything lately. Maybe you and your doctor just haven't hit upon the right drug combination for you.

Good luck in figuring this out.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

I guess I should mention that I am on 22mg injections. We tried the 44mg dose but my liver wasn't happy~ It took a year to get stable on the 22mg.

I never react in the usual manner on any drugs I take ( Had anaphylaxis from freezing one time) So I am always wondering if the drug I am taking is causing "rare" side effects listed. When I took my first dose I had to be in a setting that had a crash cart available... Made me feel real good about taking that first shot!

I am on ACE inhibitor & a Diuretic right now... (Started about 6 months after I started Rebif) I think it is going to take a medication change to get this controlled for sure (Dosage has been changed three times since I started - now a change is in order I think.)

Comment

Rebif and BP

I was on Rebif for several years (have forgotten how many). My BP has been low all my life. Rebif never affected it in any way.

Comment

I'm not on Rebif - but on Betaseron and I've had the same question. Never really had any high blood pressure problems, but ever since starting this drug about 8 months ago it just keeps going up and up. These drugs do give warning on potential liver issues - which if liver/kidneys, etc are under strain that can cause blood pressure to rise.

Comment

I started having high blood pressure after starting Rebif. Never got any answers if there is a connection though.

Comment

I was on BP meds. before starting Rebif,it's been 12yrs & BP is the same. Ask your neuro & keep us posted.
              God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Working...
              X