Pregnancy hormone may reduce MS symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pregnancy hormone may reduce MS symptoms

Did anyone else hear this story on NPR today? Fascinating and promising research!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014...rosis-symptoms

Thanks for sharing
    I have known about the Estriol trials for quite some time but, didn't know about the 47% !
    Linda

Comment

I've been taking Estriol for almost two years. I've been holding steady, so I'm going to keep taking it. It also helps with menopausal symptoms.
      Opiegirl, Dx 1991
      Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
      Estriol 9/12-present
      Still Hopeful.

Comment

Question on ESTRIOL

What form is your Estriol? Is it a prescription or do you buy it over the counter? if so what brand. I am interested in trying Estriol. Thanks so much.

Comment

Estriol

I buy my Estriol from a compounding pharmacy in form of Capsules, 2 mg per capsule, 4 times a day... total= 8 mg/ day

I feel better in term of more ability to concentrate on things around me.

Comment

research is new, but the effect is not

It's been known anecdotally for many, many years that pregnant women with MS do far better, but then after they give birth and the estriol subsides, they do far worse. So when they recently began doing research studies about it (finally!), I asked a doctor why it took them so long, for heaven's sake, and why can't I just go on it right now and forever? She said that taking Estriol long-term makes you more susceptible to certain cancers.

My thought is, I have a 100% chance of having MS, so having even a 20% chance of a certain cancer is a risk I'm willing to take.

Comment

Working...
            X