Change to touch program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change to touch program

Had my infusion today, nurse told me only had to 1/2 hr observation period instead of full hour, they have changed touch program so if you have been on TY longer than 6 months you only have to have the 1/2 hour now. She attended an MS conference last week when it was announced.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

I went to the Tysabri web site and can't find anything about the change. Do you know where I can find something I can print out to take to my next infusion to show them?

After 5 years and knowing I won't have any reaction, I no longer take the benadrly they offer and am ready to go afterwards instead of using that extra hour to sleep. It would also help in planning infusion days.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

The RMmsC lets me go after my infusion-no wait. I think they said after 2 years ?? I, of course, had been on Ty about 6yrs when they started this
      Linda

Comment

ok stand corrected not protocol change but rather " this was the consensus of the private/VA infusion centers" she didn't explain that part to me, they consider it a best practice change.

Comment

Boy wouldn't that make my life easier! Scheduling-wise. I have to say, my nurse has done a shorter observation once or twice, under extenuating circumstances (my lateness, their staffing).

So did they run the Tysabri for a full hour, and then the flush for 1/2 an hour, and then let you go?

Comment

yes, it was a total of about hr and 40 min including waiting on the ty and hooking me up

Comment

I was told after #6 I don't have to wait at all. I can leave right after already and it's only strongly recommended I stay but have to sign a waiver. I left after 1/2hr on #3
              Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
              Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

I'm at about #36 I had to wait an hour after the first 3, but no wait since. No problems either.

Comment

I asked my infusion nurse about this yesterday and she said that the MS center has not been informed of any changes to the Touch protocol.

Comment

Working...
                  X