New MS Dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MS Dx

New to MS Dx. What medications do you suggest for newbies for the following categories?

MS Symptoms overall?
    MS pain and arthritis?
    Is there anything that can help with Cog issues?

I really appreciate any insight and suggest from the folks that have actually taken the drugs and not the drug co. Good luck and best wishes to all.

Mystery37

Work with your Dr. on this stuff.
    Unless you're their first MS patient, they should have a pretty good base line on what works best based on your lab results and examinations. Not copping out on you, but the rest of us don't have access to your labs or progression.
    I think the majority of us still rely on the CRABs as our "big gun" MS med (Copaxon, Rebif, Axonex, Betaseron/Extavia) although there are now more options.

For the pain and cog issues, definatly work with your Dr. There's stuff out there that can help but most of it is prescription only.

A couple of things you may have not considered is diet/exercise and learning to minimize stress. Think of diet and exercise as cheap insurance for later on when you might really need it. You might not need a specific diet but a healthy overall diet can't hurt. Exercise doesn't mean training for a Triathelon, rather you want to keep your range of motion for as long as possible.
    Cutting stress is huge and its one of the most important things we can do for ourselves. You still want to stay involved but learn to dump the stuff you can't control.

Comment

Cognitive stuff

I'm not a dr but, for me it seems the cognitive issues are worse with stress you may find that because your dx is recent a lot of these issues disappear with time

However we are all different so I'm not saying to ignore anything, just be aware that the stress of your dx plays a big role on the symptoms your feeling

I wish I had a magic wand and could make it all disappear, just be patient and give ur body time to adjust

However, Im not an expert. I'm just like you trying to figure it all out still, I do remember in the very beginning forgetting a lot, more than normal so now I'm not sure if but I think this has improved and I've also adjusted like using a timer a lot so I don't forget about the water boiling, letting my dog out, etc
      moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

Working...
      X