New....unsure and a little scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New....unsure and a little scared

Hi,I'm Lesley..a 42yr old mother of 2 (4 and 9months)
    I have been snooping around this site for a few days searching for information and help finding answers. I am also a nurse (20 yrs). I started having symptoms 3 months after my 4yr olds birth. Pain/numbness/tingling/weakness to both arms. Couldnt hold my daughter or a 32 oz drink without help. Began having weird bladder issues, urgency really but happens when I move from one temperature to another..air conditioned environment/outside..bladder seems to spasm and I have to go right then..it is frustrating. I had MRI (cspine and brain) in 2009.."small periventricular white matter lesions", cspine showed no pinched nerve causing arm symptoms. Nerve studies showed "bilat ulnar neuropathy". Neurologist wasn't concerned about either/gave me ultram and that's it. Fast forward..started Cymbalta for pain by family md and Norco to dull it. Had my son 9 months ago and arms are worse..pain like they are submerged in ice/fine tingling. Cognition is scaring me the most..can't find my words, slurring,my organization is getting worse and I am becoming very forgetful. I am afraid this next neurologist will just blow me off like the last one, that is honestly why I haven't went for another opinion sooner....am I crazy?? I have a loving husband who would do anything for me but I do struggle with putting him through having a "disabled" wife (if that be the case) he is 7yrs younger and I worry about my kids..just needed to admit my fears to people who hopefully understand
    Sorry for being so long winded.

Hi Lesley

Welcome and sorry you have to join us, your sxs sound pretty typical to me...

I hope this next Neurologist gives you some answers and not leave you hanging.

Good luck
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi Leslie

I am sorry your having these problems. You have legitimate concerns. I hope you find the right Neuro.

I am a nurse as well and now retired on disability. It is difficult to be stopped dead in your tracks with a dIsabIlity but fear of the unknown is worse than knowing IMO.

There are many people on this site who are still working and functioning well in their lives because of treatments available. The hardest thing is getting the diagnosis and then adapting the proper treatment ie lifestyle, diet, exercise that will work for you.

I just want you to know your fears are Legit but there is help and answers from people on this site. I am new to this and undiagnosed but am comforted by what I read here.

God Bless

Comment

Hi!

Your post resonates with me. DH is 8 years younger than I. I am so afraid that whatever this is will scare him away. Not to be a doom and gloom kind of person, because really that is so unlike me, but I told DH that I know something is wrong and he can get out if he wants. He said no, I can't get rid of him that easily. I told him that I gave him an out and not to say I didn't warn him. I hate doctors and tests and only recently started the quest for answers to these weird symptoms.

I try to s@ck it up each day but man, it is so hard! Hang in there. Just wanted you to know I understand.

Hugs,
        Minnie

Comment

Working...
        X