Living, Learning and Dealing with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living, Learning and Dealing with MS

Hi, My name is Patty...I was told that I have MS about 5 years ago......After long talks we figured that I had it long ago.....the doctor then told me don't worry the pain will go away and it always did...I guess doctors didn't know that much back then about MS.....My husband and I are learning more and more about how to deal with some of the side effects of MS it is very hard on both of us....Know one really told us about MS......He is working hard to learn about what is going on with me.....My Son live in Germany and calls quite often to see how things are going...and my daughter lives about 10 miles away from here which is wonderful.....I have a little kitty she is gray about 13 months old now her name is Peppy.....and very active...My hopes and dreams are to learn to live and deal with MS...Which right now is seems impossible......I am working on it.....

Hi Patty! It's nice to meet you and it's so wonderful that you have a great support system! Funny(well, not really) thing about getting a dx --- a fair amount of us didn't know much about it either! We are all here to learn all we can by sharing our experiences and to give one another support as well. We welcome you and hope you visit often and share your MS journey with us
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Patty! Welcome to MSWorld. Like your son, I also live in Germany. MS is the reason we landed here .

Hope you learn as much as I did from this site.

Tchüss!
      First episode with third pregnancy
      On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
      Proud mommy of three children

Comment

WELCOME PATTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is great to have you here, but I am sorry why. I don't think that there is a"correct or better" way to explain to a partner what is happening.

My best advice for him to learn is to go to the national MS Society website at www.nationalmssociety.org

Good luck
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X