New, symptoms, waiting dx...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, symptoms, waiting dx...

Hello to all! Last week I popped into the chat room...thanks to all who gave me a friendly welcome. My name is Susan, 49 years old, Minnesota born and raised, mother of three boys, was in accounting, changed occupations due to cognitive troubles. I am currently a pet nanny and I love my job! My furry friends don't care if I struggle to find the right words...they read my mind. Here's my short MS story...

It started about a year ago with cognitive trouble, fatigue and tingling in my arms. I thought I was just getting old, however I did start yoga thinking I may have a pinched nerve to some relief. Then, the symptoms kept coming; nerve pain in legs, spasticity and tingling, trouble swallowing, sharp headaches, double vision, loss of taste and smell, etc... My PCP sent me to a Neuro in June; low B12 = injections, Abnormal MRI(but did not explain), raised IgG in CSF, no O. Bands...so he sent me away and said come back in 6 months. My PCP told him I need to come back sooner, so I did. He scheduled me to have a second MRI - set for tomorrow.

Having said all that, I am so nervous he won't find anything significant for a diagnosis and away I will go...again...waiting...meanwhile, nobody but my mother believes I am sick. Thank goodness for her, bless her heart, or I would think I was a "nut job"!
    There's my short story! Glad to be here where others understand!

Welcome to the message boards, Susan! Yea, it's pretty frustrating not having answers. We understand! and glad your mom does too. Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully by then you'll have more answers to your questions. Sometimes it takes a long time...

Glad you have your yoga. It has been a life saver for me.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

frustrated

I have been having sx for about 6 weeks. Numbness, tingling in arms/hands and legs/feet. Trouble word finding. Painful electric shocks everywhere that are random and migrate no ryme or reason. I am on neurontin for that but even at 1800 mg a day I am still in pain. I have had a brain MRI with and without contrast and a spinal Mri without contrast both negative. I also suffer from painful eye headaches, dizziness, I drop things because I have loss of sensation in my hands (on exam) I have an appt with a rheumatologist although I am not sure what she will do. I also have had a ton of blood work all normal. I have been up all night because of the pain ...anyone have any ideas where I should go or what I should do next?

Comment

HELLO SUSAN

HI WE MET INTHE CHAT ROOM WAS NICE TO MEET YOU I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED IN MAY STARTED OUT WITH SYMPTOMS OF WEAKNESS LEFT LEG WENT TO PRIMARY MD WAS SENT TO NEUROLOGIST AND HAD SEVERAL TEST THEN MRI BRAIN THEN UNABLE TO CONTACT NEURO MD FOR 2 WEEKS NO RESULTS GIVEN TILL I FELL AND BROKE RIGHT LEG SO I UNDERSTAND FRUSTRATION WITH GETTING RESULTS. WENDYOU
        Originally posted by nanny4paws View Post
        Hello to all! Last week I popped into the chat room...thanks to all who gave me a friendly welcome. My name is Susan, 49 years old, Minnesota born and raised, mother of three boys, was in accounting, changed occupations due to cognitive troubles. I am currently a pet nanny and I love my job! My furry friends don't care if I struggle to find the right words...they read my mind. Here's my short MS story...

It started about a year ago with cognitive trouble, fatigue and tingling in my arms. I thought I was just getting old, however I did start yoga thinking I may have a pinched nerve to some relief. Then, the symptoms kept coming; nerve pain in legs, spasticity and tingling, trouble swallowing, sharp headaches, double vision, loss of taste and smell, etc... My PCP sent me to a Neuro in June; low B12 = injections, Abnormal MRI(but did not explain), raised IgG in CSF, no O. Bands...so he sent me away and said come back in 6 months. My PCP told him I need to come back sooner, so I did. He scheduled me to have a second MRI - set for tomorrow.

Having said all that, I am so nervous he won't find anything significant for a diagnosis and away I will go...again...waiting...meanwhile, nobody but my mother believes I am sick. Thank goodness for her, bless her heart, or I would think I was a "nut job"!
        There's my short story! Glad to be here where others understand!

Comment

Working...
        X