Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst ever Scooter incident yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst ever Scooter incident yesterday...

Yesterday I did some grocery shopping at Meijer's (a regional chain similar to Wal-Mart's) with my scooter as usual. I was putting my groceries in my car door when a huge fat woman came up as I scooter'd round to the back. She DEMANDED I let her take MY scooter back into the store. I explained that it was MY scooter and NOT a store scooter. Rather obvious for several reasons, it does NO look anything like any store scooter I have seen it's far smaller, no big basket, customized etc and would likely collapse under her weight.

She stood there blocking my access to my car trunk yelling at me, telling me how RUDE I was, calling me names and saying I was a jerk for not letting her have MY scooter. I again reminded her the scooter was MINE and I had to pay for it myself. etc etc etc Eventually her hubby (I think) told her to "just come on" and she reluctantly left.

I came that ! close to calling 911.

Sure glad this was a very rare instance. I now wish I had locked the car, and rode my scooter back into the store and complained about her. I was just glad she finally got outa my way and I could get outa there.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Goner, that's awful that happened to you. It's unbelievable the rudeness of some people.

It's too bad you didn't get the license plate of the vehicle she exited and then report her. Where are all those people with their camera phones when you need them.

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Comment

Sounds like a very confused person. Sorry this had to happen to you, I can only imagin the stress that would have caused you at the time.

Comment

Gomer, sorry about my spelling of your name in my reply.

I would like to blame it on autocorrect, but it could have been my typing.

Comment

Grrrrrrr!!!!
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

AMJ............ I had NOT noticed, I had to go back to re-read your post to find it....[N] & [M] keys are next to each other, a common mistake I make. Sometimes I catch it sometimes not.

I had groceries to get home and put away, some in the frige. There are a lot of things I would love to have said but too shocked to think clearly.

This was NOT the first time someone tried to take my scooter. Usually they go their way when I point out the obvious, that its MY personal scooter and NOT any STORE scooter, not even close.

Gomer Sir falls-a-lot

Comment

I am so sorry this happened to you Gomer. I do not understand some people.

Comment

Gomer, you need a sticker for your scooter that says "Property of (and then your picture)".

Sorry to hear that bully thought she was going to get the best of you. Next time, just call the police. Don't even screw around trying to explain it. *sigh*

Comment

Wow

There is a magnet in Isabella Catalog that reads kindness matters. I feel like buying one for the back of my scooter or van for these type of moments. What a horrible experience for you!

Comment

Gomer, I am very sorry this happened

It is obvious now, that this person has a mental problem. I am so sorry this happened. Thank you for posting. I am sure it will give someone here warming, that this may happen.

We are praying for you. I am glad there was someone to pull her away. It is very unfortunate that she was not able to take the time to listen. It is very unfortunate. Sometimes, I should wear a SIGN, explaining that I have brain damage.

Comment

Scooter

That's a first. What also caught my eye about your post was shopping at Meijers. I'm a Michigander originally and I kind of liked shopping there. You definately need the scooter, tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X