Having a hard time urinating...HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

As others have mentioned....my advice is to seek a Urologist that specializes in MS patients. I am currently a Urology nurse and was very hesitant about going through the testing. Mainly because of pride in seeing this physician.

I am happy to report that although the Uro testing was embarrassing, the Urologist explained a lot of things to me that I did not know. He put me on meds and my problems were alleviated.

one thing to note, he did say that the nerves that supply both the bladder and the bowels are intwined so it is very probably that one would have both issues.

Good luck
    Jodi
    "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

I can relate!

Originally posted by inmoni5 View Post
      I cannot empty my bladder. I will start to tinkle and then it shuts off, starts again, shuts off. I have the feeling of a full bladder but I cannot completely empty it. Also the same somewhat with my bowels too...I only go maybe every 2-3 days and it seems like it just shuts off and I am not empty. The bladder thing scares me because of infection UTI and such. Please help has anyone had this and what do I do about it???
      I have a terrible time getting started. I go as soon as I have the urge to urinate, but that does not mean I will be able to actually go. I have had the urodynamics tests and many others. My urologist is great and has a wonderful understanding of MS. He is the one that actually diagonosted me. I have a pace maker for my bladder, it is called interstim therapy. It has HELPED tremendously, but it is not a cure all. I have come to the conclusion that with MS there is no cure all or rules to follow. The NMSS has a wonderful brochure on our bladder issues. I hope that this helps and if anyone else has the interstim therapy I would love to hear your feedback. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X