tight painful legs and calves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

word of caution

I know this thread is from last month, but when I read on post, I wanted to caution people.

Before you start massaging your legs, make sure your problem isn't a blood clot. It is very important to understand your pain before starting massaging.

Comment

can relate to the muscle spasms. a heating pad on low worked wonders for me as well. stretching and baclofen.
      i am still on baclofen, and it really does the trick. hope you
      feel better soon. Dutch

Comment

Hello,

I hope by now you've got a handle on the spactisity, please give us an update. I take baclofen and it helps. I know stretching was painful, it may help to stretch even before you get up or first thing in the morning.

I also hope you are able to get a massage. You'll be surprised at how much it will help. I never heard of the tonic water helping!

Best of luck

Comment

So understand the pain! 1st Nuero didn't believe in pain! So now new Dr. I take Baclphen like the others have stated. And Zanaflex at night. I have up'd the dosage to 20mg x 4x a day and 8mgs of zanalfex at night.. to loosen the legs and calves . I do not miss a pill or ITS BACK!

Good luck and try NOT too get stressed. When I get stressed it makes it worse..
          smooches
          DX JULY 2006
          Used to use Avonex, not on REBIF as of 2009
          baclofen, zanaflex

Comment

Could also be a Vitamin D deficiency...

I have had spaticity pain too but sometimes a pain that is new and unusual can be Vitamin D or an electrolyte imbalance. I sometimes take magnesium for that per something a pharmacist once told me. After taking antibiotics once I was all out of whack on the electrolytes and the Mg (magnesium) helped very quickly.

Also, I was on a anticholesterol pill for awhile and it can eat up muscle tissue as a side effect so that should be check out too if anyone is on that med.

Can't think of anything else but I hope that helps a little.

Lana

Originally posted by unsupported View Post
            For the past two days my calves started to get tight...I mean, so tight that I feel like I'm on the verge of a charly-horse. When I walk I have to walk on my heels so my legs don't cramp up on me. I tried to do some basic stretching but the pain gets horrible, then when I stand up it grabs so badly that it almost pulls me to the ground. I can feel the tightness in my legs like the muscles are in a constant state of contraction, the muscles feel hard like rocks and its awful painful!

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem??

Yesterday wasn't a good day for me, at the store I dropped a jar of spaghetti sauce, dozen eggs, and a gallon of milk that spatted all over the floor, I was like a walking tornado!

Comment

Zanaflex works for me 90% of the time. I'm hoping Baclofen will work 100% of the time. According to my neuro this symptom symptom is really common. I've also tried Ultram and it worked but made me feel sick and out of it. Also I try to remember to stretch everyday which will hopefully start preventing the spasm. Additionally I've found that taking magnesium and getting enough potassium in my diet help some.

Comment

Working...
              X