Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bruising

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone has experienced LOTS of unexplained bruising? if it could have anything to do with MS? My legs (lower mostly) look like a 6 year old kid's at the end of summer after playing outside, biking, etc. for an entire summer. And I never remember injuring them....
    Just curious!
    Thanks...

YES yes yes! and I don't like it. Im looking at one now on my right toe...black and blue. Don't know how I did it. Must have happen yesterday.

In addition both my legs and my left buttocks are scared from falling, leaning bumping...oh however it happened... I'll be carrying the marks for life.

It was nice to be young and fresh with no scares and smooth skin. I can only say that you are probably prone to injury with even knowing, so be careful
    [I]Tellnhelen
    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

thanks for your quick reply.....and glad to know I'm not totally alone. I know I'm clumsier than ever....but can never remember banging into stuff enough to cause all these bruises. It's CRAZY!
      Thanks -- hope you have a good day

Comment

Yes, I seem to bruise more, but I have no idea how I get them.
        Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Keep in mind that many medications can make you more prone to bruising.

So, it could be a combination of the MS making you more likely to stumble, etc. and the med making it more likely for you to bruise from stumbles, etc.

Comment

Unexplained bruising/easily bruised is not related to MS.

Unexplained brusing is common. Some people bruise easily, some health conditions (not MS) can cause bruising, vitamin deficiencies and some medications.

If concerned speak to your PCP.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Bruising

I think mine are due to careening off doorways and such in my house.
              I can no longer tell distances when I reach or set things down so I have to be VERY careful with my coffee and such.
              I have to clean up the mess I make.
              techie
              Another pirated saying:
              Half of life is if.
              When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
              Dogs Rule!

Comment

Way back in early-mid 2007 I had serious problem with ankle bruising. My fam doc looked at it and dismissed it as having hit it and not knowing or feeling it due to being diabetic.

One day it was so painfull I went to a walk-in clinic. They did an X-ray and found a bone spur was tearing at my tendon or whatever, (thanks to weak ankles) and causing it to bleed/bruise from the inside. I left the walk-in wearing an ankle brace and later Rx'd AFOs. BTW, my weak ankles are courtesy of MS, so in my case it was MS related.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
                X