New identity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New identity!

I think I posted about myself here awhile ago and I'm sure it read something like....married 25yrs to the love of my life, 3 amazing children, ages 20 [F], 22 {M}, 24 [F], a wonderful DIL and the most beautiful grand daughter and on and on and on.

Well, it turns out that the "love of my life" doesn't really love me [or at least he doesn't want to be married to me anymore] or so he says! I knew he had gone back to drugs/alcohol but I couldn't figure out why, everything seemed to be going really well [we had separated for about 4mos in 2009 but reconciled.

It had gotten really bad this time. He was verbally/emotionally abusive, very controlling with the $, he moved into the garage 7mos ago. His reason was that he wasn't sleeping well and didn't want it to affect me. That was a bunch of ***, he was purposely trying to get me to leave [i had left the 1st time also] because he didn't have the courage to leave! I didn't know this at the time but I did end up serving him w/a restraining order and he had to move out. This was 2wks ago and at the time I was a wreck, I couldn't see how I'd make it but man does
    "Time makes the heart grow STRONGER!!!"

I let him come over this morning because there were some tools that him and his dad needed for this job and they were going to the dump so they picked up the cardboard from the room he had built, that my brother dismantled. It was crazy, I didn't feel a thing for him! It was as if he were nothing more than a visitor!

I still love him, I always will. I mean, it wasn't my feelings that had changed BUT I also can move forward with no regrets!! He's going to have to deal with the fact that he was a coward, instead of being honest about how he felt, he lead me on for 3yrs and then put it on me to make the move to end things!

Its not always going to be easy but its definitely going to be better! He's going to find out that with me out of the picture, a lot of things he blamed me for are going to fall back on him!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Welcome back to the boards. I hope that things work out for you and your situation. Saying a prayer for you. Good luck

Comment

He will never leave you or forsake you

I am encouraged by your verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" I am drawing from His strength too.

I want you to know that you will never be abandoned
      by God who's love never fails!

Comment

Just wanted you to know that I said a prayer for you and your husband. Let your faith keep you and comfort you. As was posted before remember that you are not alone. (hugs)

Comment

New to site but not to leaning on Jesus!

I'm so encouraged to hear you are leaning on the Lords promises and His strength to get through this life and all it brings. I could never of gotten this far without the Lord and am grateful He is going to carry you through as well. I have no children, no man, my family lives in denial as my parents are older and probably can't handle what ms brings. But Jesus never left and never will.......no matter what silly choices I have made or were made for me.
          I will pray for you.......got alot of time to pray......and ask that God works out your situation for the best of everyone
          This is my first post and I am new to the site but grateful for it otherwise I wouldn't of started Ampyra.....only on it for a week now but can walk in the heat of this summer.
          Anyway, stay strong in the Lord and His promises.........Jesus never fails!

Comment

Working...
          X