New to all of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to all of this

I am a 32yr male who was diagnosed a year ago after breaking my back. I have a lot of questions, concerns and fears. Mostly looking for support/friends who I can talk with. I am currently on Copaxonne, doing theropy for my back and coping with this change. So much has changed in a year. I'm open to any help or suggestions. I hope a community with others like me could help.

Hi Gus,

I was also dxed a little over a year ago and I'm on Copaxone to. I really hate those daily shots, but it has just become part of my daily routine. They say that the first year is the hardest, my whole world fell apart in that first year so it has to get better, right? Right!

Well I have to say it has gotten better. I hate dealing with this stuff everyday and you never know what can happen, but through these message boards and chat I have found so much support. I found this site right after I was dxed, and Thank God for it, they were exactly what I needed at that time. I was lost and scared and they took me under their wings.

The people that are here and in chat understand and have been there. It really is nice to talk to someone who gets what we are going through. I know that this disease is so different for each person, and you can't till where it will lead you, but I have learned nobody understands it like other MS'ers.

When trying to explain how it is to my family and friends I gave them a copy of "The Spoon Theory" which I learned about here... Even though it is about Lupus it covers MS so well too, in fact it works well for many chronic diseases. Google it sometime.

Sorry to go on, Good Luck. Hope this helps. Would love to hear how your doing.

AnnaMae7

Comment

Hi Gus. Hope you can find some comfort here as well. I am 46 and have had MS for nearly 30 years. The one suggestion I have, and wished I had paid more attention to over the years, is to exercise and try and eat a healthy diet. I really do think it helps. Stay strong!

Comment

Working...
      X