Don't feel sorry for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't feel sorry for me.

I was once asked how I was doing in a "Oh, poor thing" type of way. Don't feel bad for me. Yes, I have MS. Yes, it is a disease that has no cure. Yes, I have problems doing many of the things I use to do, but I can still ride my horses (hippotherapy is good for me.) Yes I am in pain except when I am asleep and sometimes the pain wakes me up. My daily pain level is a 5 in a 1-10 scale. Bad days can go up to a 10 good days are 5. You learn to live with it. I try to be positive in my life. I have found that I smile more, I have less road rage, and I am more aware of the good things in my life. I am blessed! So, don't feel sorry for me. Just pray for me. Pray that I can continue to be upbeat as much as possible.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Thank you for sharing that balance can be achieved even with MS. You have achieved a significant accomplishment to recognize reality and move on. It is great that you set an example to the rest of us that adaptation is the key...peace in the heart and mind is the most healing of all that is available.

Hope you can continue your journey and remain in control.

Comment

I enjoyed reading your post

I have had some good changes as a result of MS too and I will continue to make every effort to focus on these because everything seems even harder when my thoughts go the other way. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

YESSSS

So true.

I am noticing that I used to sometimes be one of those oh you poor thing people. I meant well of course it was an act of sympathy/compassion but now that things are really going south the thought of someone saying it is frustrating because I just want to get all my functionality back to normal. And it's like well duh i know i'm sick and it sucks, thanks for rubbing it in and treating me like an idiot. On the other hand when i'm feeling extra crap and i get a hug it feels better. and if someone tries to say it doesn't suck or pretend it doesn't suck i get angry because f-you it definitely sucks.

on the other hand i notice more how much pleasure there is in little things. like climbing stairs. before i didn't appreciate it. now it's like YESSS I AM SUPERWOMAN. So i understand the feeling that people, myself included previously, have a really odd sense of priorities. little things matter the most. and provide a great source of pleasure. sometimes that's all there is and in fact most of the time that is true even when not sick. but being sick i notice its importance now.

hugs!!!
        ---------
        Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

Working...
        X