New and Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and Scared

I was rear ended about 10 days ago, I wasn't hurt but decided to go to the doctor to get checked out anyways. They prescribed some pain meds in case I have whiplash and sent me on my way. About 10 days later I had intense headache and puked multiple times. I thought it was my pain pills because I am such a small person, that my body was trying to get those out of my system.

They did a cti scan because i couldn't even stand the headache was so bad. The CTI scan was showed abnormalities and a MRI was ordered. The doctor said I have signs of MS, liaisons on the brain and that I should take to my regular doctor. Currently my insurance has lapsed and doesn't start back up for a few more weeks. I am so scared, I am only 23. I have so many dreams and it feels like everything, all the happiness is dying.

I wish the doctor hadn't told me nothing, I hate not knowing, this fear. I am scared I do have MS because of the liaisons. And all my life I have unexplained pain that would come and go in random parts of my body that my doctors were never able to explain.

I don't know where to go from here, how to deal with this, cope with this.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

hey New and Scared

Hi!! ..don't 'throw in the towel'! no telling what you have yet..pain in different areas isn't a usual first symptom of M.S., but then again there aren't any clear cut symptoms!

I can trace my first sxs back to when I was 21..numb, quarter size random spots...I am now 61 and still alive and kicking!

There has been tremendous progress in the last 20 years...there are many treatments now...the next 20 may produce a cure..

Hang in, don't stress yourself...follow through with your plans, hopes and dreams and enjoy your life.

Take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

MS is not a death sentence

Don't give up.. You can still do everything you want.. You just have to be more conscious of your health and listen to your body..

You can still have children and a life. Learn everything you can about MS so you know what you are fighting and fight it with all your might..

Staying positive is the most important thing you can do for yourself today..
      limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

All good, solid advice. Join us in the fight. I have had my dx for 4 years. Others have had it 40 years. Good luck

Comment

hello.

Please please try to stay positive. There is no definite by any means, sometimes MS can take years to formally diagnose.

I am one in limbo land now, no definite MS diagnosis and no rule out yet and I"ve gone this way since March 2011. I'd say your best defense is to learn all you can about MS, this is a good place to start, but look at any other reputable sites you can find.

There are so many different presentations of MS and different treatments. The lesions on your brain depends on where, how long, symptoms etc. So many variables. Hang in there.

Any sight of health insurance in the near future? All the mri's, tests, etc can get pretty spendy. I wish ya luck and hope you can get some answers, but just stay positive and know that nothing sounds definate now by any means. ((hugs))
          Christie ~ RN, Married with 2 beautiful daughters and a beautiful granddaughter
          Dx: Ulcerative Colitis ~ 2004, Diabetes ~ 2005, Fibromyalgia ~2011, and now in MS limbo-land since April 2011

Comment

HUGS!!!

I am hugging you through the internet.

Yes this is scary. Overwhelming. My god it sucks. But guess what you are a survivor and a tough cookie and eventually, things will get better. You will cope, no matter what latin they attach to your condition.

Take some time for you to relax and feel good. Chill out with your mates. Have some chocolate ice cream or some food you like. Listen to some tunes. Remember, it's ok to feel bad about it, because it does suck massively, but it's even better to eat chocolate and laugh with your friends, and if you need to talk about it, do it. Or whatever it is that makes you feel good.

I like hugs. Whenever I'm feeling **** about this, I ask for a hug. It's mutually beneficial. I hope you enjoy the hug.

Good luck to you from down under
            ---------
            Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

Working...
            X