Cymbalta to Brintellix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cymbalta to Brintellix

After being on 60 mg Cymbalta for at least 6 years, it seemed to stop helping with depression. Primary care doctor had samples of new antidepressant, Brintellix, she wanted me to try. Started on 10mg and now on 20mg. Two months on this new drug.

Don't feel like it is helping. Husband thinks I'm not myself on it and that I am irritable and have a mean streak he's not seen before. I just don't want to be depressed!

Want to add that doctor told me it wasn't necessary to wean off Cymbalta; just start Brintellix. Don't know if not weaning off has anything to do with feelings I'm having or way I'm acting.

Anybody know anything about this new antidepressant? Need advice.
    Marilyn

All I can say is you know your body! Different ADs do different things to people. I can't be on Lexapro. It just flattens me out and I didn't like it. Celexa was fine. But once on an AD, I could tell when I was getting depressed, and could just shut it off. I don't take them anymore.
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Working...
    X