Tapering off Prednisone, feeling like garbage all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapering off Prednisone, feeling like garbage all of a sudden

I was put on an oral course of Pred to taper down last Friday. I started Friday night on 400 mg oral and have the schedule of 2 x 400 mg, 2 x 300 mg, 2 x 200 mg, 2 x 100 mg (where I am now, 1st day on 100), and 1 x 50 mg.
    All of a sudden this afternoon, I am so exhausted I can barely stay away (which is a blessing since I haven't really slept more than 3 hours since Thursday night). Has anyone suddenly felt so crappy on the taper? I've been tired but generally feeling great this time! ON seems to be clearing itself up, pain is almost gone, but now I'm exhausted with a headache and eyes are sensitive to light again.

Could this be from the steroid taper?
    Diagnosed: June 25, 2014
    Currently on Copaxone

Did you have IV steroids or just prednisone? I don't tolerate prednisone too well. After 1st experience, I no longer do a taper after IV steroids because of how horrible I felt and inability to sleep.

I did recently have to take prednisone for a respiratory infection that started at 60mg. And even with that, I had to taper down by 10mg/day, Then 5mg the last day. I can't even imagine the dosage you are taking. I sure you need some sleep. Don't be afraid to let your doctor know and see if you can Get something to help you sleep.

Hope you feel better.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X