Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do yoga or exercise while on tysabri?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do yoga or exercise while on tysabri?

These are all the questions i'd love to ask my neuro, yet he'd yes me to death lol!

So, does anyone do yoga, gym, walking? How does it go for you following infusion? Do you find you have to wait a certain amt of time after infusion?

I've done yoga on and off for years, had infusion three days ago, i figured time to get my body moving a little. Went to work today.

Tried doing yoga, and that was a definite no go.. mouth swelled up, blood in ears, head felt like it was going to go spinning around room..

very weird! As usual i'm sippin my benadryl cocktail till my body calms down. I"m thinking of putting it on ice each night

love all the feedback thanks!
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

I walk often as I have to go to school, take public transportation etc. to get there.

As far as REAL workouts, I figure skate and I workout at home through Youtube videos. 3 days after the Tysabri infusion I'll usually feel better so that I can start working out again.

I tried yoga but I find to be too quiet, it's not my thing. I usually just use it to stretch out my muscles which has been awesome for the MS. But I personally find it weird that you get these symptoms while working out? Tysabri shouldn't have any effect on that, so maybe it's just your body and the MS getting used to exercise? Perhaps your body heat is affecting how you feel.

But Tysabri should not disallow you to work out, it should be on the contrary...

Comment

yes good point! thats what i'm thinking.. it's all med related unfortunately. i get every side effect known to man and new ones they haven't heard of. I think the ty might be too strong for me.

that's what i was looking forward to having some strength back to start weight training again, i've been a gym person for years.

thanks for sharing i appreciate it!
      Jen Dx'd 5/11
      "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Try to workout at home every single day for 30 minutes. Tysabri should not keep you from working out, although I do not work out on infusion days...Im drained when I get home.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I workout with a trainer at the gym who has worked with MS patients before one per week; I go to PT once per week. I walk with my walker wherever I go. After my Ty infusions, like the rest I am out for about 3 days or so. Sleeping.

Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Yeah dear, I do yoga regularly. I go to a yoga studio. I don’t feel tired rather yoga makes me feel very refreshed.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

Comment

I've never had any effects from my infusion, so I can't help with that.

I've found swimming is the best exercise for me since there is no gravity in water to pull me down. We recently put in a WaterWell in my husband's old shop, a short 10 ft. walk, and although ridiculously expensive and a nightmare to get put in, I absolutely love it! I work out three days a week for an hour.

My niece gave me a great DVD called YinYoga that I am trying to do since it's all done on a mat. However, some of the routines are just beyond my ability to do.

I also have an IQ Reformer that I use to exercise my legs and find it really helpful; once again, gravity is not a problem since I'm laying down!

Comment

I have not had an issue after my infusions.
                I do water aerobics 3x a week, I ride my indoor bike 1-2 x a week and I use a chi machine and do floor exercises 1-2 x a week. I am 66 yrs old ! For years I walked a couple miles a day when I could walk. Exercise is not only good for my body, but my mind, too
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X