Provigil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provigil

I can't wait till the beginning of the year. When I was diagnosed with this terrible disease my neuro wanted to put me on Provigil but my blue care network declined that med. My neuro then put me on dexadrine and it had me running around the shop looking for things to do. I was on top of the world till the speed crash hit me. Then I was a bear and couldn't tolerate annoying people here at work. I couldn't do this anymore. Then the doc put me on amantidine and this made my fatigue worse and there was times that I forgot what I was doing in the middle of my work. I quit taking the amantadine.

I hope the provigil will work. Does Provigil work for anybody else?
    If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!!!!!!!

I have been taking Modifinil for several years. I am told that it is the generic form of Provigil. I think it works really well. Good luck

Comment

Yes, Provigil and its generic

work well for many people. Unfortunately, many health insurers will not cover it. Mine used to but no longer does. Sometimes people are able to get it appealed and are then able to get it covered through their insurer. I haven't been that fortunate.....
      What do you mean that you can't wait until next year?

Comment

My new insurance begins on 1-1-15. Good by Blue Cross Network!!!! Even my co-pay for copaxone goes from $100 to $35 ( doesn't matter because shared solution covers it) I just want to be alert and not fading out around noon at work. I'm a maintenance electrician and have to do a lot of intense thinking at work.

Comment

Does anyone know of a way to get this at a lower cost, as in overseas?

Comment

I have been getting this for years from PharmaWeb in Canada Strength is fine, but their shipping has been so s-l-o-w that I would like to find another safe and reliable Canadian pharmacy.. any suggestions?

Comment

I didn't get my Provigil but I got Nuvigil. Tomorrow I will be the guinea pig at work to see if this will work. Should I try it this weekend to see how I react to it?

Comment

Nuvigil

I got a free 30 day sample of Nuvigil a couple of years ago, it worked fine. It had just come out as a new drug. Unfortunately, my insurance company does not cover that as well.....

Comment

I've had this nasty cold for 6 weeks now. I took the nuvigil for 2 days this week and it woke me up but my symptoms got worst. I have antibiotics now and will wait on the nuvigil till this cold clears up. I don't know if my symptoms just flared up due to the cold or the Nuvigil.

Comment

Hi Larry,

I take Modafinil (generic of Provigil) and started with 1/2 the tablet in the morning to see how I would do. The 50 mg works fine for me and helps. One day I took a 100 mg tablet in am and boy, I never got so much laundry done in my life and chores. I felt nervous with the 100 mg though. Each person is different how much they need.

Some afternoons around 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm when I have to go somewhere at night, I take another 50 mg or cut it down to 25 mg. It gives me the boost I need to get through the evening.

Hope this helps!
                    Nikki

Comment

Working...
                    X