Sweating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweating

I was wondering if others have experienced sweating as symptom, I get these a few times a day. Does anyone know why they happen and is there something that can prevent it.

Hi rose54,

Sweating really isn't a symptom of MS. Your question did make me remember your previous post:

I have had diagnosis of Hashimotos,Lupus and Fibro
    I am going to assume you are on a Thyroid medication? If you check the side effects of that medication you might find excessive sweating as a side affect.

My husband takes a Thyroid medication and has a problem with excessive sweating.

If you would like to research medication side effects the below link is a good source:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I sweat so bad it is embarrassing. It literally rolls down my face. Sometimes my body isn't even hot but I am sweating like it 100 degrees. I can't wait for cooler weather.

Comment

Heat regulation (thermoregulatory) dysfunction can be a symptom of MS. You can have excess sweating (hyperhydrosis), but the exact opposite, or decrease in sweating (hypohydrosis) is more well- known. Heat intolerance has been linked to the latter, because it limit's the body's ability to cool down.

Sweating is part of the autonomic nervous system and the part of the brain affected by MS would be the hypothalamus (which regulates body temperature).

I recommend talking with your doctors to determine if MS could be the culprit. If so, there are things that can help. http://www.sweathelp.org/en/hyperhid...dications.html. And if you have any issues with bladder urgency, talk to your doctor about overactive bladder medications. They are one of the medications that fall into the category of drugs that can help.

Good luck
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

reply to sweating

Thank you for the validation for sweating. I am sometimes over heated and then sometimes cold. My hypothalmus must be off. In response to my thyroid condition, I have been on thyroid meds for 20 years, never a sweating related issue. I am usually hypothyroid and need to monitor it closely. Just trying to get a handle on all of these symptoms.

Comment

Working...
          X