Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for fingolimod users

I have a questions for long-term Gilenya users:
    Are you experiencing hair loss? oily skin?

I started fingolimod in Jan 2007. I was already post-menopausal.

I started noticing a generalized hair thinning a few years ago, but my post-menopausal friends all said they had the same problem. This last year, though, I've really noticed a big increase in "female pattern" hair loss. My "T-zone" has also become much oilier (I feel like an oil geyser) and I'm getting acne. Also, for the last six months, my scalp has been very itchy with no signs of irritation or dandruff even though I have not changed my hair care routine.

I'm thinking all this might just be a result of a change in my androgen/estrogen ration or some other hormonal thing and will be seeing my doctor, but I'm just curious if other long-term Gilenya users (of any age) are experiencing the same things.

Had the hair loss for a long time and then it stopped. I´ve just completed year two of Gilenya and the hair loss lasted maybe a year or less. I have not noticed skin changes.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I remember that I had that itchy scalp sensation while on Gilenya. Fortunately I didn't have hair thinning or oilier skin.

I stopped Gilenya for other reasons - slow heart rate.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Been on it for almost 2 years... the Copaxone wasn't cutting it anymore.

I have noticed no side effects at all...

Comment

I've never had a terribly clear face but now that you mention it yeah perhaps it has gotten a bit oilier and acneier since Gilenya. Not something I thought much about since it is something I have always dealt with but maybe I will bring it up next visit now that you have pointed it out.
            Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
            X