Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Gilenya

Hello,

I started Gilenya about a week ago. I know this may be an odd question, but how are the capsules delivered? My two-week starter kit are in these cute little boxes that contain 7 pills.

When I get my next three-month supply, will they come in a normal prescription bottle or will I receive 12 little boxes to pop the pills out of each day?

Just curious...
    The Lord gave us mountains,
    So we could learn how to climb...

Lindsey
    Dx RRMS 08.06, Rx Rebif 10.06, Rx Avonex 11.08, Rx Gilenya 12.13

Hi Lindsey,

lol ... "cute". The word that comes to my mind was more like "frustrating." Popping those pills out was never an easy task for me.

I am no longer on Gilenya, but a month's supply was 28 capsules (never did understand only 28 ) in a box I had to pop out daily. I did write the day/date above the pills to keep track, though.

Best wishes to you on Gilenya!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I was on Tysabri and now wanting to go on Gilenya

I was on my 46th infusion of Tysabri and just got my blood tests results back at my last infusion. I had a titer of 8.1. Which is way too high, so I'm wanting to try Gilenya. I'm wanting to chat with people who are taking it. Let me know what results you have with it. Because I have tried them all. This is my last drug other than Tecifedra.

Comment

If you had the chicken pox vaccine, don´t have cardiac issues and have no eye issues, I´d say, go for it. Been on it since June of 2012. Just came out that Gilenya slows down brain atrophy which is correlated to disability progression. Seeing the other options, I would rather stick with Gilenya- it does have potentially serious side effects, but you know your body and if you listen to it, that should bring you comfort and up to date info.

Comment

I have been on Glineya since mid October and I love it!

The only side affect that I experienced was a mild headache for about a week or so. That was generally managed with aleve.

Comment

Working...
          X