Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I'll be saying goodbye to Tec!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS TOO I hope my lymphocyte count goes back up like yours did! My count was at 394 in November. I just had blood drawn again, so I'm going to the Dr soon to get the results.

Needless to say, in the meantime I'm just worried about getting sick
    MS dx's 2000
    Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

I am stopping Tecfidera too

I have been on Tecfidera for nearly 8 months now and in the 5th month I started to have slurred speech and balance issues. Worse than normal. I could feel the episode coming on and then it is gone. It has gotten gradually worse. I have episodes now of can't even function for a few seconds and then I am fine, like nothing ever happened. My neuro doesn't think it is the medicine, although that is all that is different. I was on Beta Seron for 3 years with no trouble at all outsiode the normal issues of MS. Says my MRI's are looking good, but Solu-Medrol does me no good. I have taken it by IV a couple times since being on Tec and it is a total different experience. Doc doesn't seem to wanna go back to Beta, she wants me to start Avonex, but my opinion, I will take a shot over this pill if it is the trouble.
      Disabled and going to school at the moment to make the best of my situation.

Comment

So bummed

i got my lab results today. my lymphocyte count has gone from 394 in november to 260 in january. i'm now waiting for my neuro to call me back & tell me what my options are.
        MS dx's 2000
        Tysabrian

Comment

yep, no more tecfidera for me. quit today.
          MS dx's 2000
          Tysabrian

Comment

Originally posted by allHailye2 View Post
            yep, no more tecfidera for me. quit today.
            I'm sorry to hear you're having to quit Tec, do you know yet what med you may try next?

My blood work showed lower white blood cell account again last week, below the normal range and I just learned I am JCV+. My neuro wants me to stay on Tec and keep checking my blood every 60-90 days. I am almost at the 2 year mark on Tec but am having some symptoms that may indicate a flare-up so I had a brain/spinal MRI Friday evening so we'll see how the Tec has been working.

I have a feeling that I'll be getting solumedrol soon!

Comment

MS TOO i have some time to think about it seeing as how my appt w/ the neurologist is 2 months away! i'm having my blood rechecked in a month to see what my lymphocyte count is then. i hope it returns to normal range!

i'm thinking about avonex next. i was on rebif for 13 years before i started the tecfidera so i really don't want to go on another sub-q med. i have fibrous areas under my skin due to it.

i'm not liking the other oral's possible side effects & i don't think i'm ready to chance pml w/ tysabri. i'm really not liking my options here!

i hope your blood counts get better & that your mri is alright! switching meds sucks!!
              MS dx's 2000
              Tysabrian

Comment

allHailye2,

I understand what you mean by not liking the options. I was on Copaxone for a little over 6 years and don't want to go back to injections either subQ or infusions. My MRI looked about the same as 2 years ago so the Tec must be doing something though my neuro agrees that I am in a bit of a relapse, the third in 2 years.

I am JCV+ but my neuro asked if I was interested in Tysabri. I told him I'd rather stick it out with Tec and have labs done every 60-90 days and he agreed with that choice. He also asked if I wanted a few days of solumedrol, but I would rather live with my minor symptoms and save the steroids for if/when I get worse which my neuro also agreed with. So no changes to what I am doing for now.

Best of luck to you in choosing a new DMD, I hope you find one that works well for you.

Comment

Working...
                X