Copaxone and Shared Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that has a high copay, i.e. more then $500 per month, is able to get more assistance from Shared Solutions.

Comment

Newly diagnosed, so let me make sure I understand this.

I have good insurance with a prescription card through Medco. The Medco website indicates - if I've done it right - that a three-month supply will cost me a $150 copay, or $50/month. My wife and I have good-paying jobs, and $50 is affordable to us, so when I filled out the SS application I didn't indicate that I wanted benefit assistance. The benefit assistance question was in a box that also had questions on Medicare/Medicaid and lack of health insurance, so I assumed it was for MS patients with financial need.

But do I understand that SS will pay some or all of that copay regardless of financial need? If they're giving me free money I'm A-OK with that. And does my failure to request assistance on that form mean I won't get copay assistance, or does SS treat all customers the same?

Comment

Not sure

of the answers to your questions but their website says a $35 copay (so you probably can get that reduced to $35 per month). Where did you get a financial assistance form? Did they mail you one or something? They referred me to the e Assistance Fund, who denied me. After that SS told me they would give me (not exactly sure how they go that - give me) $500 a month towards my copay since my copay is well over $500 per month - it's over $2150 per month!

Comment

Not to worry. I called SS and asked if they could retroactively enroll me in copay assistance and they in fact can. A simple fax to the mail order pharmacy.

It was actually a nice experience. I got to speak with a patient advocate, a case worker, and a nurse, all of whom were very supportive and helpful. I know it's all part of their marketing to get me on Copaxone for the long haul, but nevertheless I thought it was good customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by OHSnap View Post
            It was actually a nice experience. I got to speak with a patient advocate, a case worker, and a nurse, all of whom were very supportive and helpful. I know it's all part of their marketing to get me on Copaxone for the long haul, but nevertheless I thought it was good customer service.
            I joke about "the SS" and how they keep tabs on me (and I presume all their new users), but mostly because I've never had any need to talk to them except the training nurse.

They're calling less frequently, now, but I wish they would save the $ and support those who actually need it (or drop the price, maybe?). As it's the only DMD my neuro wants me on (compromised immune system) and the needle part doesn't bother me at all, they have my full commitment -- until BG-12 is approved!
            1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
            NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I am 6 weeks on C and received my statement form the specialty pharmacy today for $200, $100 for each of the 2 months supply sent.

My copay for specialty pharmacy is $100/month. SS said they sent over the co pay assist docs back on 1/17/12, but Caremark billing said they didn't have them.

Called today and finally got SS and Caremark on the phone and they did have it.

They explained that I will be billed for the $35, and then Caremark will bill SS/Teva for the $65 to equal my $100 copay.

Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
              Ampyra 10mg 2xday
              Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Working...
              X