Itchy itchy~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itchy itchy~

I have been on copaxone for almost a month and I know you can get itching at the injection site, but I have whole body itching.

I spoke to SS nurse and she kinda danced around my question if this was a normal reaction or not. She just told me I could take benadryl via pill or cream.

Well, benadryl just makes me sleep and so when I wake up, the itching is back. Im so red and also have little areas where I scratched so hard, I started to bleed. Anyone else have this?

my partner is not on any drugs now. i do not know if she ever took copaxone (i don't think she did)

she itches all the time. from head to toe. anytime i am near her she wants me to scratch. all the time and really hard. so hard i am worried it is hurting.

when she does the scratching, she will continue till she bleeds.

i have read that this is common with MS - overly sensitive skin.

i wish i had more suggestions on how to help you.

Comment

I would talk to you Neuro right away. You might be allergic. You can change meds, you don't have to stay on copaxone. I was on it for a while when I first started. I would sometime itch on the injection site. They took me off it cause it wasn't working. Personally, I think the nurse you talk to should have told you to see your neuro. I think she is just working for the company and not for you. Being allergic to a med is not good, it can escalate and get worse.

Comment

Call your neuro. This might be a reaction, but there's also an MS symptom that sounds a lot like this. It's an issue with nerves, not inflammation, so what's she's suggesting won't help. The neuro should be able to help you straighten things out.

Comment

Have you tried melting a tablet or capsule of benedryl in water and putting that directly on the injection site about 15 minutes after you inject? ( I know they make cream)
          I think they make a gel too ..try the gel. I don't like creams they are tacky to me. lmo.
          I have good luck with the capsule for things like stings.
          I was on c for several yrs.. several ways to skin a cat.. ( some do help)
          good luck)

Comment

Working...
          X