Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Forum: Hello From Arizona!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Jessica, and I am completely new to to the forum. I am a 30 year old Michigan native living in sunny Arizona (but I desperately miss the mitten!). I have not received my "official" diagnosis, but I have my next MRI on Thursday that (hopefully) will do the trick. My doctor and I both know that it's MS but getting the doagnosis is such a long, drawn-out process. I'm just sick of waiting.

Last May, I started having twitching that lasted (literally) for months, and when I started researching possible causes, I dismissed the MS possibility and honestly, I never even opened the links that presented MS as an option; I thought, "There's no way that I could possibly have that!" After months of this going on, I finally entertained the thought, and when I started reading, a whole bunch of other symptoms- that I never gave a second thought about- started falling under the MS umbrella: memory loss, numbness, loss of balance, dizziness, fatigue, tired legs. It all just started making sense. Se here I am, just trying to get my title so I can start getting treatment (maybe- I want to try and control things naturally as long as I can).

I have been reading about MS and trying to learn all I can, and so far, my biggest change has been to my diet. I have completely altered my eating compared to how I used to eat and have been following a combination of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet and the Meditteranean Diet and I feel that this has had a huge impact on my symptoms; my twitching has been much better, the fatigue and memory have improved, my balance hasn't been as bad.

The most frustrating part of all of this has been dealing with my memory. When things are really acting up, I find myself struggling for words and struggling with my short-term memory recall. I feel like I'm not even myself when this happens, and then I start to feel bad because I know it's frustrating for everyone around me too.

Everyone- my husband, my parents, my friends- has been really supportive of me through the process, but as much as they try, they truly don't understand what I'm going through mentally, physically, or psychologically, and that's why I'm here (actually, it was my husband's idea). I figure that those who are here with me, in the middle of everything, may be able to lend some extra support and insight and make this whole thing a little easier.

But again, I just wanted to say hello and thanks to those of you who took the time to read this post!!

Jessica

Hi and welcome!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi Jessica,

I too am not "officially" dx'd yet. There's is a lot of good information on this forum.

Many are more than willing to share experiences and tips about their MS.

I hope you get answers soon.

Bree

Comment

Hi and welcome Jessica.

You took a big step in learning all you can about this disease. Everyone is affected differently.
        The more you know, the better you can decide what course of action to take. You are your own best advocate.

I too have memory and word issues. It is not unusual with us.

Good luck.

Comment

HI Jessica. and welcome. All I can say about my experience is what a long strange trip it's been.

Comment

Hi Jessica and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are on the right track, learn all you can. Take care and good wishes Dale
            Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello and Welcome Jessica!

I'm also in Limbo, it can be a trying experience. Certainly a chance to practice patience.

I'm glad you've found us! Feel free to browse through the forums and ask any questions you may have.

People here are very knowledgeable and friendly. We're all here to support one another. Let's not forget the education we get on here. People who live with MS are very wise when it comes to symptoms and treatments, etc.

Welcome to the bunch!
              When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Kim, and I'm an OP (volunteer) here on MS World. I just wanted to let you all know about our weekly chats, two in particular that might be of interest to many of you in this thread. The first is called "Patiently Waiting" and is for those specifically who are going through the diagnostic process, in limbo, etc. It happens on Wednesday nights at 8pm eastern time in the chat room of the same name. To get to the room, you click on chat, which takes you to the main room, then you double click on the "talk bubbles" above the list of chatters. That will open a list of chat rooms, and down the list will be PAtiently waiting. Click on that (maybe double click) and you'll be there! HuntOp and I alternate moderation for that chat.

Also on Wednesday nights at 8pm eastern in the main chat room (which you enter just by clicking "chat" at the top right of the main page) is a chat called Newly Diagnosed, specifically for those who are (perhaps obviously by the title) for those who are newly diagnosed. I'm not sure who moderates that one.

Every night, we have dedicated chats on specific topics; you can find the schedule from the main page, I believe. They all occur at 8pm eastern except for a couple of others on Wednesdays during the daytime.

I'd like to welcome all of you in this thread who are new. I have to admit to complete understanding of the issues emotionally with which you are dealing; I deal with them daily, sometimes, and I've been diagnosed for a year and a half. Mostly, I've adjusted and feel emotionally very good ; some days it gets me down, when I'm in a relapse, etc.

I hope you all find good support and encouragement here, and I encourage you to come check out our chats; they were a lifesaver for me when I was newly diagnosed.

Look forward to hearing more from you all and hopefully seeing you in chat!

Take care,
                KimOp

Comment

Working...
                X