Beginning to wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning to wonder

Hi! I'm beginning to wonder if I have MS.

For the past 8 months or so I have been having a tingling/numbness in my hands and feet. It has always been worse in my feet and in the past few weeks, it has started going up my legs. My legs also hurt, like I've been working out but I haven't been.

For the past year or so I have been having dizzy spells. I'll have them for a few days and then won't have them for a few months. My eye also twitches but that comes and goes as well.

I have recently started having a tightness in my back and shoulders and sometimes at night when I am laying in bed reading, I have muscle spasms in my shoulders. My hands have also had a slight tremor to them lately. Twice in the past 6 months i Have wet the bed.

I went to my PCP last week and all my blood work came back fine. He has scheduled a nerve conduction test in two weeks. It just makes me nervous. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Aubgurl, I wish I had the answer for you, but all I can advise is to be your own best advocate! Turns out that I had MS for years (like so many others), but my docs could never provide a reason or solutions to ongoing health problems. Basically thought I was crazy and misunderstood. In this healthcare environment the key is to find a doc that truly listens to you. (and keep a consise, organized and detailed list of dates and symptoms). Best wishes to you.

Comment

Doctor did all of the tests, you say. Did he/she do vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium. I was 2 years with my PCP before he ordered those, at my insistence. You need to have all of the tests and MRI's before an LP. Good luck

Comment

JerryD, my PCP checked all of of that and it came back normal.

Comment

Hello and Welcome Aubgurl!

Seems like your doctor is on the right track. If he suspects MS, you should be referred to a neurologist. A series of tests will be done in order for you to get a diagnosis.

In the meantime, try not to worry... maybe it's not MS! I would try and keep my life as normal as possible until you get answers. Like Mygirlsmom said, keep a journal.

In the meantime, feel free to browse through the forums and ask any questions you may have, we're here to support you and offer help we can.
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
          X