Wheelchair bound and do passive ROM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair bound and do passive ROM?

Does anyone here who is wheelchair bound do passive Range of Motion (ROM) exercises?

My husband started using a WC this year and can only stand briefly and still transfer. I've heard that ROM can prevent contractures. Is anyone here doing them or have a PT come to their home?

hi skyeblue, i do rom with freeweights and with exercise bands both. they really seem to help out.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks hunterd.

Do you use the bands with your legs?

Comment

I used to have Pt come and they made suggestions that the home health aides do now-- I get them doing my legs since I too can do standing and transferring so they do my legs as I have little control of them(they do it twice a week with my bath)
        I do my upper torso my self and do them every day for the most part. it has kept me limber but the added benefit is that my spasticity has decreased with the exercising

Comment

Life in Action magazine featured a free dvd for those who cannot participate in standing exercises, July- Aug. Funded in part by the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation.

**adress removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld guidelines. go to UserCP > Your Details to put in your profile**
          for Home Practice dvd- Tai Chi Mini Sets
          gym girl

Comment

Working...
          X