roll over help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roll over help

I cannot roll over in bed to change position. I cannot bend/unbend my legs. I tie straps around my legs which helps me move them around. anyone have methods they use to help ? thanks

Hi supie! I really can't answer your question, but if you would pose this question in our Occupational Therapy forum (in our Wellness Room), Susan Dorne may be able to help you! Susan is a licensed occupational therapist, also has MS and volunteers here. Here is the link to the forum http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Hope you can get more information there!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I use a trapeze overhead bar and I have straps on my legs to help me adjust my legs and rolling over.

Comment

I found side rails more helpful than an overhead trapeze bar for turning over in bed.

Best wishes,
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

They make all sorts of bed rails that may help. I have one that folds for travel use and cost about $50

Another thing I've found helpful is sleeping with a foam wedge that elevates my upper body as that changes the position of my spine and reduces leg spasticity.

I'd like to get one of those adjustable beds someday too.

Google "inclined bed therapy multiple sclerosis"

Comment

thanks for the feedback, i do have bed rails. will check ot thread.

Comment

Working...
            X