Leg spacticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg spacticity

Hi I have been having these spasms for a while now and when they happen my right foot turns in and my toes go down I have noticed now that my foot is starting to turn in without me noticing now and I am tending to walk on the side of my foot as it is aross me has anybody else had these issues ?

Yep! Same thing here. In the morning without shoes on I started walking on the side of my foot. I have rigidity in my right leg and some in the left. Spasms at night.

I take 40 mg of Baclofen and it really helps.

You are not alone.

J
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Hi Snuffyg,

I have spasticity in my right leg also with all that you have described. I also swing my right leg out and around to walk during a flare up when it is at it's worst. This was because I had no strength to lift my foot.

I found some exercises targeting my thighs, calves and ankles helped. I started slow and worked up to 10 reps each 2 x a week. I only wish I had began them shortly after diagnosis 10 years ago.

This helped me be but you should always talk to your neuro or PCP about this even if it is new or an old symptom that is getting worse; they may prescribe some PT that may help.

Best wishes and hope it gets easier to manage,

MJ

Comment

Oh my, sorry you are having such troubles. Sounds painful, is it? I have not had such an issue, but maybe others have and will answer your question.

Have you told your doctor? I would right away, before it gets worse. I wonder too if physical therapy would be helpful...

Hope you get answers and relief.. soon!

Warmly, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thanks for your reply I have just been prescribed baclofen for the spasms hopefully it will work with me too do you find it is worse at night and the morning ? It's nice to know other people understand what we are going through

Comment

I have only noticed it happening in the last few days maybe I should see someone about it left foot is ok so far but does stiffen the same thanks for all your advice and kind words

Comment

I do find that I walk on the side of my foot in the morning; when I wear taller hikers it straightens out.

I do have more spasticity at night.

I am on my third Baclofen adjustment so it takes a bit to get the dosage right and you can't take too much too fast.

Let us know how it goes. It is a painful symptom and complicated. I do have weeks at a trim when it goes pretty well for me.

Let us know how u do.

J

Comment

I have the same thing, it happens anytime of the day. It is not painful for me. When I yawn I noticed that my legs and rest of my body stiffen up. This is not painful either, just a pain in the backside.
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Leg spasms

This is my first day on this sight :-) Newly diagnosed! Finally I am thankful for that as weird as that may sound! I suffer from leg spasms everyday. Trying to find the right meds to take that will actually help. I have officially been on Copaxone for one month and pray it does its magic for me. God bless all of you that have MS! I am determined to not let it get me! Just trying to learn how to slow down! Never thought it would be this hard! If anyone has any advice on my leg spasms I will be eternally grateful! They keep me up all night so that when I wake up I am already exhausted! My legs are so tired and weak! It makes work so hard not to mention life in general! Never will I lose my smile! My mind maybe! Ha ha thanks

Comment

Thanks for all your comments reading every bodies comments its nice to know I am not imagining all this just like from a simple yawn my legs go into severe spasm although it doesn't help the symptoms or the pain it's nice to know its real and we all have the same thing just glad it's only one leg that's really bad so far so although walking is difficult but not impossible thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by carol2825 View Post
                      This is my first day on this sight :-) Newly diagnosed! Finally I am thankful for that as weird as that may sound! I suffer from leg spasms everyday. Trying to find the right meds to take that will actually help. I have officially been on Copaxone for one month and pray it does its magic for me. God bless all of you that have MS! I am determined to not let it get me! Just trying to learn how to slow down! Never thought it would be this hard! If anyone has any advice on my leg spasms I will be eternally grateful!
                      Stretching helps a lot. I stretch my hamstrings before going to bed and sometimes against the wall at night in bed.

I have a RX for PT and am hoping that will help also.

There are only a couple drugs given for spasticity..as stated above Baclofen is one and it has been a life saver to me.

Keep your humor and glad you found the board. It was a wealth of information for me in the beginning when I needed to understand what was happening to me.

j

Comment

Yes it has been a big help chatting to people who understand and are here to help

Comment

hi

spasticity can be treated using physical therapy, medications, surgery, or any combination of these treatments. Your doctors will consider the severity of your condition.Have you consulted your doc? physical therapy works best by the way
                          Andrea.G.Wolford

Comment

Thanks for your advice yes I am going to see him this week to check medication and the fact my foot is starting to turn in when I walk and also it looks misshapen from the spasticity

Comment

Working...
                            X