Spinal tap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinal tap question

I had a spinal last month after a bout of optic neuritis. The outcome along with cervical, thorasic, and brain MRI's brought my dx of MS.

I have read the reports of the MRI's but was only verbally told by my neuro that the cultures grown for the spinal tap flued along with all other results confirmed that I have ms.

Has anyone been told more details regarding a spinal tap and the "bands" that we're found from the culture?

My follow up is next week when we will determine which med he is desiring to start. He has mentioned and tested for Tsyabri and Gilenya.

Want to make sure I understand the results of spinal and ask you great friends if there are any specific questions I need to ask of neuro next week?

Did your neuro suggest any other drugs? Why didn't he/she suggest the new oral, Tecfidera. If you look around this site there is a lot of talk about it. I can't say anything about the LP. I wish you the best of luck. I don't know if you are a believer, but it never hurts to say a prayer for a 'cure', soon. Good luck

Comment

No matter what diagnosis you get; or what tests you are given it is my opinion that you should fully understand what the results are.

If you do not understand the results of your spinal tap ask your doctor to fully explain what he was looking for and what he found until you do understand.

As far as the meds..my neuro suggested several; then gave me lots of information regarding side effects etc and then we made the decision together.

You are responsible for your health. Not your doc. Sometimes they are busy or not very good communicators. If I can't get answers I ask questions until I understand or get another doctor.

j
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
      X