Sudden Leg Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden Leg Collapse

Hi all -- I experienced a more significant episode of a symptom I'd had (to a lesser extent) only a few other times. I was sitting in a church conference and when I stood to sing, my right leg collapsed. I fell to the side and caught my arm on the arm of the chair, but I couldn't get my leg to support me to stand. A couple of ladies helped get me in my seat. I had my leg lock up briefly a few times, but not like this. It was similar to a bad case of "asleep leg", but it felt different. After about 10 minutes I was able to stand, but my leg from the know down still feels numb. I know I have neuropathy, but I've never experienced anything like this before. Anyone have any input?

Hi,
    I am sorry that things have gotten worse and your leg didn't work.
    Something similar happened to me, but it was when I was sitting up in a tall chair for about 30 minutes. My right leg went to "sleep." It was a little numb. When I stood up,( I knew to hold on to the table) my right foot "melted" into the floor. I hope that was nerve type mechanical, rather than M.S.

Not sure.
    Anyway, the feeling in my leg returned within seconds and I could walk tentatively again.

I hope your leg gets better.

Comment

Working...
    X