Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am new to this site but not new to MS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to this site but not new to MS.

I am very frustrated right now, lots of tears, lots of pain, can not get back to my positive self or get back into life. Just in bed. What to do? Any suggestions?

My best suggestion, you've already done.

That would be come here -- the support is wonderful.

Many of us here get the tears (probably all of us at one time or another). I think I cried daily from Jan. 15 through to the beginning of March.

I gather you're having an exacerbation? I'm so sorry. What's going on?

Comment

i hope you feel better soon hun

Hi Hun My name is Mary and I live in the U.K..I was only dxd with M.S last Thursday and am also new to this site I cant imagine how you must feel dealing with it for so long..I don't even know what I am dealing with yet and find it extremely hard to take it all in ..i woke last night with terrible pain in my chest .I don't know even if that is M.S related but I had never ever experienced pain like it in my life It was so frightening ...I can only say keep your chin up Hun .Love and Hugs Mary. xxxx

Comment

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you're going through all that, it sounds awful. I'm glad you posted bc isolating can make things worse.

The fact that you notice such a marked change is probably a sign to see a doctor about that. There are so many treatments out there there's no reason you should have to feel this way.

MS can cause primary depression just by how it affects your brain or depression can be an understandable reaction to what you deal with on a daily basis. In either case it definitely can be treated.

I'm glad you are posting, you are definitely understood! I hope you hear something on this forum that resonates.

Take care!
        Sard

Comment

Understood!!!

Hi Missy, I am new to this site also, but have had MS for 20years. I can't tell you how many times I've been where you are, the last time was just last week. My best advise is to allow yourself to cry and feel what you feel.....MS is horrible, but then pick yourself up (emotionally) and move on. Think of things you CAN do at the moment, not what you can't. For me often its just playing on my iPad.

Comment

Missy hang in there and know that many of us have the same problems. We go on. Hugs .

Comment

Hi, I have had ms for 11 years (the last couple of years have been hard) and I find that a good cry makes me feel better.....I let myself cry and mourn the things I can't do but then get myself together and think of what I still can do. And being on here helps because I am reminded that I am not alone
              dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I am Sorry you are sad. I am Too. What does help me is I write a list of what I would like to get done on any given day.
                The list can have To Do's that seem unimportant yet should get done. Even bathing, teeth brushing, ect. The list gives me a sense of getting something done.
                This way I try to complete what I should do~not by how I feel.
                I wish you the Best. And Yes there are ways your Dr. can help.
                We can and sometimes are sad and for good reason.Try NOT to stay there too long. You CAN DO IT !

Comment

Working...
                X