Hello and thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and thank you

Good Morning MSWRLD! My name is Billy. I am a 36yr old male who was dx in 08/12. I joid MSWORLD over a monthago and have enjoyed to the fullest extent, all of the sharing!

I currently live in CO, but am originally from the east coast! PA,NJ,and DE! Go Eagles/Phillies! I am married and hve a beautiful 5year old Daughter!

They dx'ed me pretty quickly. In fact it was only a few weeks and 1 Mri. Confused and spacy was what originally sent me in. Ultimately I feel like I went to bed last summer and really have never woken up. I have tried so many narcalepsy drugs from Adderal to Nu -vigil. All of which jst intently zone me out. So now just the Copaxone, Prozac, and a bunch of vitamens.

I was very unsettled, and confused. However after reading posts and people stories,I Feelabit relieved. SO THANK YOU!

Had a second opinion, and was toldyes you have MS. And now that I reflect back, my sx have been going on or more than a decade. So i Am wondering if left untreated for so long could there be permanet damage?

Been out of work since 8-12and still feel well, out there. Everythig has slowed down. From walkin to driving to talking. . .

Anyway THANK YOU forbein here! You all have been awesome at the least!
    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Welcome! I'm so happy to hear you get so much from the boards. I just returned myself and I was really slipping into a funk and I think posting and reading really turned things around. Ok, one of my earlier posts from today I'll just call a minor lapse in attitude adjustment.

There are many opinions out there regarding the effectiveness of the dmt's out there right now. I've seen studies that say there is no significant affect of disease progression when you go on these drugs long-term. All kinds of holes in that and I apologize for not being able to cite that claim. I'm going to start saving references as I read them.

I just went off tysabri and am starting tecfidera so I'm pro-therapy but they really haven't made much progress in terms of stopping progression/disability. I think the drugs do have a positive effect on relapse-rates.

I wouldn't worry about missing early treatment. Just educate yourself as much as time allows and focus on lifestyle changes like exercising and diet - maybe look into supplements? Idk, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Ok then, welcome again!

Comment

Welcome! This is a great place for support and info!
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Hello and Welcome Billy!

I'm glad you have found us! Please feel free to post any questions or comments you may have. We also have chats you might enjoy!

Have you had your vitamin levels checked? B12 and D vitamins should be checked. Vitamin B12 could help for that spaced out feeling.

I'll add that Cog Fog (cognitive fog) is popular among us!!! You're not alone in what you're going through.

Welcome to our bIg MS family!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Billy,
          Thanks for posting to the thread I wrote about prayers and friendship. You are in the right place. These boards keep me sane. The information that posters bring is 'awesome'. I would never find this stuff on the internet from my own searching.
          By the way, you say that you are a 'displaced' Philadelphian. I live near the KoP Mall. If I could walk the distance, I live 10 minutes walk from the historic Valley Forge Park.
          Good luck

Comment

Thanks...

Thanks guys! I am so excited to have found this site! I was confused about everything for quite awhile and finallly read some symptoms of people and feel more accepting now.

I just got my results from a ton of tests and found my d and b12 to be normal. I was positive for the JCV so Tysberi is now off the table. Also I was negative for the chicken pox and need a vac to get the gileyna. LOL.... Copaxone is what I have been on since august, however it seems that it gives me quite a bit of anxiety.

Oh well! And i am headed back east in July. My mom was at the KoP mall yesterday looking for a dress for my sisters wedding. Found that interstering since she lives in DE. But its funny how small the world is. I am nervous about the heat. Was this time last year that i visited and nothing was the same after.

Staying calm(stressfree) and cool are the bigest things I found to remaimng somewhat even kealed!

Thanks Again and So glad to have found this Site!
            Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyL1677 View Post
              Staying calm(stressfree) and cool are the bigest things I found to remaimng somewhat even kealed! ...
              I would echo that managing stress, for me, is a key strategy in managing my MS. When I am stressed, the stress is very likely to trigger an MS flare.

Since I discovered that, I haven't needed to explore a lot of actual "stress management" techniques (such as meditation, yoga, etc). Although, I do exercise.

Mostly, instead, what I've done is choose to prevent stress, as much as possible, by being very intentional and careful about what I say "yes" to and what I say "no" to. I also choose not to feel guilty about saying "no" when I am asked to take on something that is stressful for me.

For me, saying "no" has become as important a strategy as injecting my Copaxone. And, I don't feel guilty for that, so, why should I feel guilty when I say "no" to things.

~ Faith
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Billy, nice to meet you. I couldn't agree more about the helpfulness of this site. I was recently diagnosed in less than a week and after reading posts here I also feel like I had symptoms dating way back. I was wondering the same thing about lack of treatment for so long.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Working...
                X