Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are so good!

Hi all!

I've been looking at this site for a while and am very impressed by all of your good posts

I'm 53, married, two step children and four grandchildren (so nice!). I've has MS since 2000, type 1 diabetes since 1978, thyroid disease since 1991, glaucoma, leaking heart valve, blah, blah, blah. All that said, I'm glad there are so many positive people out there who make me feel so wonderfully ordinary.

For the last 5-7 years I tried so hard to hide everything I was going through from everyone except my husband (who is so supportive and loving) but since I've been on SSDI for the last year or so I don't feel the need to "cover" my many symptoms from co-workers and managers.

I just wanted to thank everyone here for making this such a great site and for being so nice!
    FRAN4363

"What lies behind us and lies before us are tiny things compared to what lies within us"

Well Fran, you are so good too! Glad you decided to write in and share!

Wow, you have a lot going on health wise! You will have to let us know how you juggle all of that. I am glad you are able to talk about it more out in the open now.

So now you get to spread your wisdom on the boards for us to appreciate! We also have chat rooms you can check out as well if you haven't already done so.

Thanks for joining us!
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Lisa, nice to "meet" you
      FRAN4363

"What lies behind us and lies before us are tiny things compared to what lies within us"

Comment

WELCOME FRAN! So good to have you here! I am 45, was diagnosed with MS in 2000, and was diagnosed with type I diabetes in 1972. I am sorry, that is FURTHER I can keep up! LOL. It is very nice to" meet" you. Best of luck to you.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome Fran!

There are many of us who (mostly) live ordinary lives and (mostly) remain positive. Everyone deals with MS differently, but doing the best I can and trying to keep a smile on my face is how I deal with it.

Mostly.
          Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

I want to adopt Aitch's attitude. Thanks for making me smile.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the "hellos", it's good to join you all.
              FRAN4363

Comment

Working...
              X