Solumedrol questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solumedrol questions

Hello! I'm very new to this world of ms. I have not yet been diagnosed with ms but, a few of my tests have come back that point to such a diagnosis. I started receiving iv infusions of solu-medrol on 3/12. I noticed a difference on the 1st day but, not on the 2nd. I had them up my dosage today and there was no difference. Is this normal? I was started on a very low dose, 250mg and they doubled it today. Any answers would be great! Thanks!

I just recently did an IV treatment and the same thing happened to me.

Day one I felt better as the day went on I was happy but after the second day I thought that maybe this was my new normal. Day three was really no better. But as the week went on I got better and better.. Finally after 10 days I was myself again (well my new self)..

I think in all honesty it depends on how bad your attack is and how large of a dose of steroids you get. --my last attack was pretty bad--

Comment

My doctor told me to wait about a month and I would feel a world of difference. He was right. I already went running once already, been exercising since week 3 after treatment. My only complaint is that I am tired and my right arm/hand are still a bit numb.
      Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Hi! welcome,I've had this MonSter for 12yrs. I also had the same problums w/ Solumedrol,my neuro up'ed me to Novantrone. It worked but left me w/ awful side effects. They do say it sometimes takes several days for Solu. to kick in.
        keep us posted God Bless Nona judy

Comment

Ive only had solumedrol twice now and both times it took about a month for me to start feeling any effects. They also say normally solumedrol gives you like this burst of energy but with me, it just made me sleep. I never got the energy.

Comment

Thank you so much all of your help! I was starting to get very frustrated with the lack of results. I hope to get a clear diagnosis soon as to what is causing this numbness. My neuro still hasn't ruled out ms. I'm very early in symptoms and treatment. Thanks again!

Comment

I have noticed that kick in effect.
              Then they do have that later on effect. I guess they just are working to keep the inflammation down..

Comment

My one experience with IVSM was very successful. The dose was higher (1000mg/day x 5 days) and my relief was nearly instantaneous and my symptoms continued to improve over the course of the treatment and beyond. I was fortunate to not experience any of the Solu-Medrol side effects.

Kyle
                At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

I was hospitalized and had 5 days@1000mg per day after coming down with transverse myelitis/spinal attack. I was still in excruciating pain for the 1st day of IV treatment and could hardly hobble, then it was like water on a fire, the pain lessened and went out. I still had some burning pain/pins-needles in my legs and feet (still do 3 months later) but it has gotten progressively better little-by-little. I also did a steroid taper for 4 weeks afterwards.

I would say my response to the steroids were pretty good (since it took 9 days for them to treat me). I'd get them again in a heartbeat, they can really work miracles on inflammation. My side effects were: sweating, couldn't sleep, feeling emotional, HUNGRY (can mess with blood sugar), and feeling really tired, achy, and generally "hung over" every time my dose was stepped down...I was on steroids long enough for my face/everything to swell up and it took almost 2 months for the water-weight to go away...but it did
                  RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Working...
                  X