Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one?

I currently take Suboxone (1 mg) and am trying to get off. My prescribing psychiatrist says it should be having no pharmacological effect on me but I feel like I have breakthrough MS symptoms when I don't take it. Anyone bveen through anything similar to this? I am starting to think I am the only one in the world with this issue.

Ah, no. I don't even know what Suboxone is. But I'm sure someone will come along soon with a similar experience.
    Hang in there.

Comment

Suboxone

Wow! I thought I was the only person taking Suboxone. I have never tried to get off of it b/c it has saved my life.

I literally have a broken back in the lumbar region and became so addicted to opiates that it did not matter what kind of drug or how many hand fulls I took and my drug of chose was Loratabs and Percocet I took that it did not help the pain. I even tried illegal drugs such as cocaine and still it did not help my pain. Just made my worse and made me a crazy lunatic (so my boyfriend and family say).

It took me much research, in and out of rehab, breaking up of many of relationships, trying every pain med on the market, going to every doc and type of doc in town, and so many thousands of dollars to finally find the "Super Drug".

Suboxone saved my life literally and my family and friends will attest to that fact. It cost me a fortune to find and doc and get the meds b/c a doc must be certified to prescribe this med and so they charge a fortune to distribute and monitor you. I payed $850.00 to see the doc the first time and just about as much for the first month of meds.

Now I pay $250/month to see the doc and have a authorization for Medicaid to pay for the drug. The docs that prescribe this med here in town are few and far between (maybe 5 docs in Pensacola FL). They will not bill your health ins and will only accept cash.

This medicine is so wonderful and changed my life. I take 8mg 3 times a day. Not five handfuls a day and I do not even feel the need to take more. Do not ask me how or why it works but it does and that is the incredible thing which is why I do not understand why many people do not know about it.

When I first heard about it I was thinking oh no another methadone type of medicine and boy could have I not been incorrect. It controls my constant sharp pain in my lower back where I have a broke vertebrae that is crushing the vertebra beneath it as well has split the disc into between them. I also have a bulging disc above all and if all that was not enough it is all degenerative with other moderate issues with my spine.

It also helps with some of the other symptoms that I am experiencing that may be MS. It has completely change my out look on life b/c I was beginning to have a failure to thrive before I found this med. I just can't not say enough but it also really helps with your mood and makes it bearable for people to exists around you and they can actually enjoy being with you and you actually enjoy being with your self for once.

Again "Kudos" to the drug company that came up with this drug and if you have not tried it I suggest you do b/c it will certainly surprise you as it has me.

Sorry I could not comment on your trying to get off this med and wish you the best of luck.

Mystery37
      **post edited by Moderator to break into paragraphs for easier reading! many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print**

Comment

Working...
      X