Ampyra and Leg Spasticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ampyra and Leg Spasticity

Hi there-does anyone know if Ampyra helps with leg spasticity or tightness? I have tried the Baclofen before but it made my legs feel like jelly walking around.

Thanks, Nikki
    Nikki

Dear Nikki,
    I have been taking Ampyra for nine months. It has increased my strength and endurance, therefore, my walking. I still have spasticity in my affected leg - stiffness, heavy rigidity, and twitches and big jerks.

But I do feel that the increased vigor of my movements in my daily water workouts has made some of the spasticity a little better, a little less frequent.

I do not take baclofen. I have taken flexeril, and now another muscle relaxer better covered by my insurance, before bed. My nighttime spasticity is much less with them, and they make me sleepy. My neurologist prescribed each of these.

Good luck to you.
    Stay lifted,
    Mermaid
    "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Hi Mermaid,

Thanks for the info on Ampyra. I am happy to hear it has helped so much with your leg strength...that's so great!

This is something for me to consider because some days I can walk one mile with my dog and other days, if lucky 1/2 mile. It is frustrating because before MS, I could walk 3-4 miles in one walk or run that distance. Now things are definitely different, but I try to keep my legs moving everyday.

Nikki
      Nikki

Comment

Working...
      X