2 months in on Tec; it gets better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 months in on Tec; it gets better

I posted a month ago and was in bits with increased fatigue and hair-loss.

Well, 2 months in and I have NO GI/stomach issues at all! I'm not eating big breakfasts or taking the acid-lowering drugs - it's like as if that's completely gone. So it goes get better.

My fatigue is improved too. When I get tired it's more extreme than before. It's a total shutdown and I can't work through it. But I've also had to relearn new limits and when to rest etc. I don't feel a need to rest so much during the day as I did before, so I think I'm doing more and pushing myself to burnout, hence the sudden crashes.

My hair-loss seems to have slowed too. Still a bit more than normal but I'm not as worried about it.

I wanted to let you all know because hopefully it will get somebody else through the first few horrible weeks with hope ahead.

No relapse either - and I usually have one, regular as clockwork, this time of year.

glad to hear you are tolerating the Tec. so well. keep in touch, and let us know how you continue to do!

Comment

Biotin

Hi Guzzy

I'm on Rebif and also have a hyper-thyroid and have lost TONS of hair and is beginning to fill in with taking Biotin. I also shampoo and condition my har with biotin and have noticed a considerable change. Sorry I cut into the thread. But I know how devastasting it was to me. I still have lots of hair but it used to be SUPER-THICK.

Just a little tid-bit I thought I would share.
      I'm also happy your'e doing better.

Susie Q.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Thank you so much for the encouraging update. I have been on Tec just over two months now and while flushing has been my only documented side effect, I have also noticed a disturbing increase in the amount of hair in my hair brush. I have been taking aspirin and Zantac with every dose and have a decent snack in the morning. This weekend I plan to try leaving out the zantac to see how it goes.
        Dx - Jan 2005
        1st Symptoms - Dec 2004
        Currently treatment - Tefidera (6/14) & LDN (4/09)
        Past treatments: Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, Solumedrol IV, Prednisone

Comment

Thanks Kate, Susie & Roz
          to think I nearly gave up....glad I stuck it out.

Susie I'm going to get some Biotin today - thanks for the tip!

Comment

Guzzy,
            That is great news. I'm sorry you had a rough start, but our medications are for a marathon and not a sprint. I hope Tecfidera serves you well and your MS is kept in check for years to come.

Comment

Working...
            X